Do they use seatbelts....need to know about car seats

rsharma1033

Hi,

I was wondering if the transportation on the island has seatbelts.

I'm travelling with my 2 and 5 year old and I'm not sure if we should be bringing our car seats. We usually travel with our carseats but I'm not sure what I should do.

If you take your own car seat to use in the vehicle, do you take it along with you eveyrwhere you go? Beaches...other excursions?

I called Carnival and enquired if we booked an excursion what we should do and the lady told me they do not use seat belts on the islands....I just wanted to hear what others actually saw when they were there.

Thanks!

Seat belts are only required for passengers in the rear seats of regular vehicles. There are no seat belts on the seats of the taxi vans made from truck bodies that are used for tours and general "bus" type transportation. There would be no way to attatch your car seats to the seat of vehicles. Leave your car seats at home.:(

B.

Seat belts are only required for passengers in the rear seats of regular vehicles. There are no seat belts on the seats of the taxi vans made from truck bodies that are used for tours and general "bus" type transportation. There would be no way to attatch your car seats to the seat of vehicles. Leave your car seats at home.:(

B.

Thanks for the info!

There are no seatbelts in the Safari Vans that are the open-air vehicles used by most tour guides on the island. We had great fun bouncing around but if I had young children I would have been panicked! I recommend that you don't take a Safari van as they travel quickly over bouncy roads!

Hope that helps!

Yes we use seatbelts; it is required by law that the driver and front passenger wear seat belt. Babies/Toddlers are required to be in car seats and young children in back seat with seatbelt on. All this said, taxis on the island use various vehicles including safaris (open air converted trucks with bench seating, there are no seat belts - the seat belt law is 'overlooked' for these vehicles), vans (which have seat belts), SUVs and cars (less commonly found at the cruise ship docks then the previous options, but they have seatbelts also). So if you wanted to have your children at least in a seat with seatbelt you would have to seek out a van, SUV or car taxi and no a safari. If you did bring your car seat you would have to take it with you OR arrange for the driver to return for you at a set time and see if they could store it their vehicle. If this is what you wanted to do, it might be best to prearrange the taxi so you know you are all set to do this and not searching around with 2 kids and a car seat in hand.

--Islander

Archived