Sensation - Question about booking a guarantee . . .

Kay129

Booking the Sensation 4-18 out of N.O. - is it generally assumed Easter Week ships sell out? So if I book 4A guarantee I'll probably get a room next to an elevator or something?

Does anyone have any experience with this? Also, is staying next to an elevator really that bad?

Thanks for any advice - firsttime cruiser here!

Kalin

Being by the elevator is not that bad, actually pretty good if you don't like to walk the long hallways. I always book a gty and have always been upgraded at least one level. This time I got on the upper deck. What ever room you have at least you are on a cruise and having a blast.

I think that the general consensus is - the fuller the ship the less likely you are to get a good upgrade. My TA told me that when you book a guarantee, Carnival actually assigns you a secret cabin right then - probably in your minimum category - 4A, etc. Then, depending on how full the ship is, you may be upgraded from that cabin.

As for sailing during Easter, I don't think you will be affected by it since you are sailing 3 weeks after. While 4/18 is probably a more popular time than January and February, it may not be a FULL time compared to summer and holidays.

The only time I've had an inside cabin, it backed up to an elevator. I was so afraid I'd be hearing clanging, etc. all night long - BUT never heard a single elevator noise the entire cruise. I heard folks talking while getting on/off, but not very loudly. It was GREAT being right by an elevator! No long hallway walks.

And yes - Easter week will probably have many more families than other cruises when school's in session.;)

As for sailing during Easter, I don't think you will be affected by it since you are sailing 3 weeks after. While 4/18 is probably a more popular time than January and February, it may not be a FULL time compared to summer and holidays.

LOL, what an idiot I am ! :o I just assumed April break was Easter break - when I was in school I swear we had good friday and the week after off, so when BF told me the dates of his April break I just figured it was the same thing.

Oh well, good for me I suppose! Maybe it'll be less crowded than I expected!

K

I hope you still feel that way after the cruise!

We have 3 and 5 year old kids, but we always book when school is in session because I can't STAND to be somewhere crawling with children. On our last cruise on the Conquest there were under 100 kids on board, and yet there were still 3 or 4 I wanted to toss overboard ;-)

I was reading a post here recently about a Sensation cruise with over 800 kids on board. I think I would literally DIE.

Archived