Warm Chocolate Melting Cake

DWNYC

I was hoping to find something almost the same as Carnival's Warm Chocolate Melting Cake and found something from Trader Joe's called Chocolate Lava Cake. It's pretty inexpensive, costing $2.79 for 2 cakes. After running a half marathon, I rewarded myself with it paired with Breyer's Natural Vanilla Ice Cream. Unfortunately, it did not match the taste/feel of Carnival's but it was good. There was just too much cake and too little chocolate. O well, back to search for something else. I can't cook/bake so I need something easy like popping it in the microwave for a minute. Anyone found anything close that can be bought?

http://www.associatedcontent.com/video/17539/chocolate_lava_cake_from_trader_joes.html?cat=22

I was hoping to find something almost the same as Carnival's Warm Chocolate Melting Cake and found something from Trader Joe's called Chocolate Lava Cake. It's pretty inexpensive, costing $2.79 for 2 cakes. After running a half marathon, I rewarded myself with it paired with Breyer's Natural Vanilla Ice Cream. Unfortunately, it did not match the taste/feel of Carnival's but it was good. There was just too much cake and too little chocolate. O well, back to search for something else. I can't cook/bake so I need something easy like popping it in the microwave for a minute. Anyone found anything close that can be bought?

http://www.associatedcontent.com/video/17539/chocolate_lava_cake_from_trader_joes.html?cat=22

This is the recipe given to us last year by Carnival when we had the Carnival Fun Day parties. It's the real thing!!! It really is easy to make.

Enjoy!

1 lb dark chocolate

1 lb butter

10 eggs

10 oz sugar

6 oz flour

Melt the chocolate and butter. Mix the eggs with the sugar and whisk for a few minutes; add the flour. Combine the egg mixture with the melted chocolate and mix. Pour into individual greased ramekins. Bake at 400 for 14 minutes.

Sprinkle with powdered sugar and garnish with fresh fruit. Serve warm with ice cream.

Note: Make sure the eggs are at room temperature and the chocolate is warm enough while making the mixture.

Serves 12

Found this article with the recipe.

http://www.examiner.com/x-4933-Charlotte-Cruise-Ships-Examiner~y2009m7d22-Carnival-cruises-chocolate-melting-cake-recipe-makes-this-classic-simple

This is the recipe given to us last year by Carnival when we had the Carnival Fun Day parties. It's the real thing!!! It really is easy to make.

Enjoy!

1 lb dark chocolate

1 lb butter

10 eggs

10 oz sugar

6 oz flour

Melt the chocolate and butter. Mix the eggs with the sugar and whisk for a few minutes; add the flour. Combine the egg mixture with the melted chocolate and mix. Pour into individual greased ramekins. Bake at 400 for 14 minutes.

Sprinkle with powdered sugar and garnish with fresh fruit. Serve warm with ice cream.

Note: Make sure the eggs are at room temperature and the chocolate is warm enough while making the mixture.

Serves 12

I knew you had that tucked away somewhere!!!

:)

My dd and I have had it twice at Applebee's. We have not had it on the cruise yet so we are getting ready for it. We really like it so far. I can't imagine it getting better...

Warm chocolate melting cake is far better than the lava cake at chili's or the dessert at Applebee's. I've had them all.

Try making the recipe. Not bad:D

Ack....I hate to say it but to me it is the worst dessert on Carnival....

Going to agree with you - the idea of dark chocolate anything makes me cringe...

Now Souffles on the other hand - ask my Carnival Pride waiter from 2007, I had about 5 of those one night :eek: and would do it again :p So Delicious... So incredibly delicious...

Going to agree with you - the idea of dark chocolate anything makes me cringe...

Now Souffles on the other hand - ask my Carnival Pride waiter from 2007, I had about 5 of those one night :eek: and would do it again :p So Delicious... So incredibly delicious...

The funny part is I like chocolate...Just not that....

Let me know if you still feel that way after eating so much as a morsel of 97% Cocoa bar.

When I was in Germany at the Lindt factory, they had delicious fountain milk chocolate that I loved.

I agree, Everyone in my family loves the Chili's lava cake. To us the chili's lava cake is much better and nothing alike. Carnivals Melting Chocolate Cake is to bitter.

I will give it another try in a couple of weeks on the dream.:D Maybe I will change my mind.

Why can't you cook/bake?

I had the warm chocolate melting cake 2 nights in a row. But after that my common sense kicked in and I stopped eating it. It is too damn good and I needed to stop.

Nonetheless, I went from 11-12% body fat before the cruise, to 15% body fat after the cruise. I spent 3.5 hours at the gym last night working off the weight gained from last week's cruise.

Talk about variety of opinions in this thread... Here's a quick recap

Instigator

We're going on our first cruise in May, and I am looking forward to trying this dessert I've heard so much about. I'm imagining that it's like Chili's chocolate molten lava cake. Is that right?

First-timer

My dd and I have had it twice at Applebee's. We have not had it on the cruise yet so we are getting ready for it. We really like it so far. I can't imagine it getting better...

Doubter

Warm chocolate melting cake is far better than the lava cake at chili's or the dessert at Applebee's. I've had them all.

Try making the recipe. Not bad:D

Believer

funny thing is the first time I had this cake I hated it and vowed I would never eat it again. 3 cruises later I got talked into trying it again and actually really liked it. Go figure.

Flip-flopper

Hater

Souffler

WCMC-Hater, Chocolate lover

Let me know if you still feel that way after eating so much as a morsel of 97% Cocoa bar.

When I was in Germany at the Lindt factory, they had delicious fountain milk chocolate that I loved.

Derailer

I agree, Everyone in my family loves the Chili's lava cake. To us the chili's lava cake is much better and nothing alike. Carnivals Melting Chocolate Cake is to bitter.

I will give it another try in a couple of weeks on the dream.:D Maybe I will change my mind.

Open-minded

If you add the icecream on top - it is just right...it cuts the bitter dark chocolate!

Creative

We've tried and failed to duplicate the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake. The only thing that might trump it is Bitter and Blanc. Both desserts are wonderful. Guess we'll just have to book another cruise! Bon Voyage!

"Any reason to book another cruise"-er

I had the warm chocolate melting cake 2 nights in a row. But after that my common sense kicked in and I stopped eating it. It is too damn good and I needed to stop.

Nonetheless, I went from 11-12% body fat before the cruise, to 15% body fat after the cruise. I spent 3.5 hours at the gym last night working off the weight gained from last week's cruise.

Glutton (sshhh, don't tell Luv2Travelnow that I was more of a Glutton with my Souffles)

I agree, the WCMC is the nastiest desert served on Carnival. And I like chocolate.

Late hater

Well that sums up the many beliefs into one post and with FRIENDLY words to describe each statement. I hope no one is offended - it was all meant with a light heart; after all, clearly I must be killing time by spending it recapping something like this... :p 53 days...

The recipe for Warm Choclate melting cake is in this mont's Porthole magazine straight from Carnival. If no one has posted it by the time I get home late tonight, I'll try to remember to do it.

Enjoy

Ron

Archived