Carnival and Twitter

Chadzbrew

It seems like a lot of cruise lines are offering deals through Twitter. Royal Carib is @RoyalHotDeals , cruise critic even has a decent twitter page. Anyone know why Carnival is behind the times? Yes they do have a twitter page, however it is a snoozer. Royal Caribbean has several different ones, one for each of their ships.

On a side note do any of you subscribe to any decent cruise tweets?

I see by the lack of responses, that Carnival customers do not use Twitter:rolleyes:

Bingo! Perhaps it's because future Sister-in-Law works for Facebook and utterly despises Twitter or that it is just useless 99.97% of the time.

Or maybe we like this forum, we chat about almost anything. We don't come to this community to get hot deals or specials. We are alllllll veteran cruiser and we know how and where we want to get our hot deals from....what would be nice is if Carnival had a app for the Iphone :eek:

Chadzbrew, I use twitter, but I suspect you're right.. I'd be surprised if half the people on this board even knew what twitter is.

I never thought to use twitter to keep an eye out for deals... I already get emails for 'deals' from Carnival and Cruise Critic and a few other lines, and I don't cruise so often that I need to follow a constant stream of cruise sales/deals on twitter.

I love Twitter, just for that reason. News, following peeps I'm interested in, and deals. I'm 50 and love it. Even William Shatner (79 yesterday) puts out funny tweets most days. Carnival should get it in gear!

Wow, some of you on this Carnival board are pretty hostile and defensive, for someone that was just asking a question? If this is the tone of most Carnival cruisers this will be my last cruise with Carnival and these people.

For example

"Someone did not search well...."

I did mention they had a page. "It seems like a lot of cruise lines are offering deals through Twitter. Royal Carib is @RoyalHotDeals , cruise critic even has a decent twitter page. Anyone know why Carnival is behind the times? Yes they do have a twitter page, however it is a snoozer.

Heres another one...

Or maybe we like this forum, we chat about almost anything. We don't come to this community to get hot deals or specials. We are alllllll veteran cruiser and we know how and where we want to get our hot deals from....what would be nice is if Carnival had a app for the Iphone

What a pompus answer. Well im glad you know everything then.

And another...

"Bingo! Perhaps it's because future Sister-in-Law works for Facebook and utterly despises Twitter or that it is just useless 99.97% of the time. "

If you dont use twitter, or if your intimadated by it, thats fine; just dont slam others that use it successfully. Im sure you felt the same about Facebook years ago. I heard the same thing years ago that Facebook was useless 99.97% of the time.

Thanks again for the intelligent and helpful responses.

Breaking News: David Spade bought a loaf of bread 8 minutes ago.

LOL, Nunu.

I freakin' despise Twitter. I tolerate Facebook as an outlet for my outlandish complaints on life. Twitter, however, drives me wild with the level of self-involved naval-gazing that goes on.

Wow, some of you on this Carnival board are pretty hostile and defensive, for someone that was just asking a question? If this is the tone of most Carnival cruisers this will be my last cruise with Carnival and these people.

For example

"Someone did not search well...."

I did mention they had a page. "It seems like a lot of cruise lines are offering deals through Twitter. Royal Carib is @RoyalHotDeals , cruise critic even has a decent twitter page. Anyone know why Carnival is behind the times? Yes they do have a twitter page, however it is a snoozer.

Heres another one...

Or maybe we like this forum, we chat about almost anything. We don't come to this community to get hot deals or specials. We are alllllll veteran cruiser and we know how and where we want to get our hot deals from....what would be nice is if Carnival had a app for the Iphone

What a pompus answer. Well im glad you know everything then.

And another...

"Bingo! Perhaps it's because future Sister-in-Law works for Facebook and utterly despises Twitter or that it is just useless 99.97% of the time. "

If you dont use twitter, or if your intimadated by it, thats fine; just dont slam others that use it successfully. Im sure you felt the same about Facebook years ago. I heard the same thing years ago that Facebook was useless 99.97% of the time.

Thanks again for the intelligent and helpful responses.

Psst ... people not agreeing with you is not hostility. It's just people not validating your opinion. :rolleyes:

Or maybe we like this forum, we chat about almost anything. We don't come to this community to get hot deals or specials. We are alllllll veteran cruiser and we know how and where we want to get our hot deals from....what would be nice is if Carnival had a app for the Iphone :eek:

I agree 100% about the Iphone app!!! I've never paid for an app - but this one I would actually shell out $$$ for!

Ashley :)

LOL, Nunu.

I freakin' despise Twitter. I tolerate Facebook as an outlet for my outlandish complaints on life. Twitter, however, drives me wild with the level of self-involved naval-gazing that goes on.

Ditto, my feelings exactly.

I see by the lack of responses, that Carnival customers do not use Twitter:rolleyes:

See now, I came to a different conclusion.

Carnival customers have better things to do then discuss Twitter between the hours of 1 and 2 in the freakin' morning.

I gained a new level of hate on Facebook yesterday when I logged on for some laughs from my friends and it was all Farmville updates.

Just block Farmville in your news feed. That's what I did and I don't see any Farmville updates from my people. I do that for every app I am not interested in.

Just block Farmville in your news feed. That's what I did and I don't see any Farmville updates from my people. I do that for every app I am not interested in.

Yeah, I'd have to care enough to figure out how to do that, but I haven't gone past "acknowledges annoyance but is ultimately apathetic" and into "need to do something this NOW" levels of annoyance.

DH did myspace for a while I have looked around twitter and FB. To me most of them are just useless time wasters with way too much information on the peoples lives that are posting. I personally just don't care that much. :p

I use twitter. I use TweetDeck to organize the tweets into a group for friends, one for news and politics, and one for everything else. Anyone tweeting too much crap gets removed from their group. I may still follow, but I don't see the tweets. Cruise sites I follow are CarnivalCruise, CruiseCritic, uCruiser_com

Don't know much about that last one. I don't remember when or why I added it.

Archived