Ocean view rooms with port holes instead of regular window?

Luv2Travelnow

On the Carnival Elation there are rooms with round porthole type of windows instead of the regular rectangular windows (which we had).

Are those ocean view rooms? If so are they a lower class room? Are there two porthole windows to a room or one? Are they any good?

Just curious.

On the Carnival Elation there are rooms with round porthole type of windows instead of the regular rectangular windows (which we had).

Are those ocean view rooms? If so are they a lower class room? Are there two porthole windows to a room or one? Are they any good?

Just curious.[/quote

Thoses are called port hole cabins not oceanview. They are located in the very front of the ship on 4 different decks. They are great for getting a small outside view BUT if you are prone to motion sickness I would not advise you getting them.

Just curious.

:DWe had 4 porthole rooms on the Fascination, (2 peeps to a room) It was great! We were warned about noise when getting docked in port, the ropes, but when this happened each time we were awake and it doesn't last long. It didnt bother us and we loved the room, they have their own class now I think they are a PT room. We have another one booked in Sept. Enjoy, no matter what room you will be on a CRUISE!!!!!:D:D

We booked PT for both of our upcoming cruises. According to our PVP, the square footage is roughly the same. She advised about the noise of the anchors, etc. We toured a PT cabin on the Valor and liked it. For the 4A price, I have no complaints. My husband and I don't have a problem with motion sickness. Hurricane Ida put that to the test last cruise. For those prone to it, could be a problem in rough seas.

~ Sheryl

Just curious.

We had a porthole room on the Fascination a couple of years ago, room M2. The portholes were actually set back from the room a bit, and the "wall" was so deep you could sit there and read a book. It was like having a window chair in the room.

The only problem with that room was a creaking/clanking noise every morning. We could never tell what was causing it - it wasn't the crew (there was a small storage room to the fore of us, not stairs), it happened when we weren't going into or out of port (so it wasn't likely to be anchor chains). It could have had to do with the metal of the hull starting to heat up, but I don't know.

Anyway, nothing wrong with the rooms IMO. I didn't notice much wave motion on that trip (Christmas cruise, 2007).

- Steve

Archived