Carival Xunantunich tour

Darcy8

What kind of transportation does Carnival use for the Xunantunich tour? Somewhere I saw someone mention riding in school bus on a tour. I do not want to take a 2 hour school bus ride even if they are airconditioned.

I have always had coach busses when taking ship tours in the past hopefully this is true in Belize as well?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I will be taking my first cruise in 18 days and am trying to decide on excursions. I am very interested in Xunantunich, but am wondering if anyone has done this outside of booking with the cruise line. We are on a budget, and just paying for the cruise and flight alone is taxing :( so don't want to further this with expensive excursions. But at the same time, want to see as much as we can. Carnival wants $86 per person for this one. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

First time cruiser!

Hello, I will be taking my first cruise in 18 days and am trying to decide on excursions. I am very interested in Xunantunich, but am wondering if anyone has done this outside of booking with the cruise line. We are on a budget, and just paying for the cruise and flight alone is taxing :( so don't want to further this with expensive excursions. But at the same time, want to see as much as we can. Carnival wants $86 per person for this one. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

First time cruiser!

Xunantunich is an all-day trip. If you book with an outside company, and something goes wrong, you risk the possibility of missing your ship. Believe me, that's not something you want to have happen. Xunantunich is the only tour I am booking through the cruise company just to make sure I don't miss the ship.

• 2 months later...

Thanks,

First time cruiser!

Did you end up going to Xunantunich? If so, how did you like it? I am doing this in Sept. We are booking through Carnival because of the length. Don't want to miss the ship after all.

Archived