Audobon Zoo

amistad

I thought I would take a moment to let people traveling with children know what a great bargain the New Orleans zoo is. The day after our cruise we decided to take the streetcar to the Audobon Zoo and for adults it was 14.50 and the zoo was having Jazz Fest. There were activities going on all over the place with great bands playing, free childrens jumpers, free arts and crafts, and several other activities going on. The zoo has nice clean exhibits, the animals seem well taken care of and the people working at the zoo were courteous. There is a small playground at the zoo for the kids to use up some energy, and the food is not the usual overpriced junk that you normally get at amusement type parks. Last year we took our grandson to the Aquarium and Insectarium and they are also very nice, this year we decided to try the zoo and we were not dissappointed. I wanted to share this with other families that aren't sure how to spend part of their pre-cruise or post-cruise time in NOLA.

Archived