Formal night

How do I find out when the 2nd formal night will be on Mariner of the Seas for the june 20th sailing? If it's on Thursday, and we'll be in the Grand Cayman's, there won't be any problem getting back to the ship and then getting ready for Formal Night. However, we wanted to do "The Fiesta Party Boat" in Cozumel, but I'm not sure we'd be back in time to get ready. Actually, not sure if we'd be in any condition to actually get dressed up. If I called RCI, would they have any idea when it will be? Thanks

Hey, heylu. We are sailing on the Mariner 6/6/04 and I got a copy of the cruise Compass for the entire week that someone was kind enough to post on Ofoto. The dining attire is as follows:
Sun - Casual
Mon - Formal
Tue - Smart casual, 50s/80s attire after dinner
Wed - Casual or colorful caribbean attire
Thur - Formal
Fri - Casual
Sat - Casual

Hope this helps. Have a great cruise!

Thanks Cruizejunkie. That helps alot. BTW, I noticed that there is only one smart casual listed, and 4 casual. Is that correct? I'm having a hard time deciding what to bring for casual nights. I have several skorts, that actually look like skirts, but not sure if they are too casual. Oh well, at least we can do the Fiesta Party Boat and not worry. Thanks

A friend of mine just called RCI and was told that the second formal night was the night before the last, making it on Friday. Why can't RCI give the same info as Cruise Compass? Any suggestions?

Each ship does it a bit differently. Usually Grand Cayman night is a formal one because not as many folks go into port or stay there. Cozumel is very popular so they dont usually have it that night to allow everyone time to enjoy the port without having to rush back.

This could vary by ship but pretty close to what I have noticed and been told by crew from the ships.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;30;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]
Voyager of the Seas!

Voyager 10/04
Rhapsody 10/02 03/02 1/02 11/01
Elation 10/99
Grandeur 09/97

Very interesting. I have never heard of a formal night on Friday, but anything is possible. We are in the process of packing and we decided to just go by the count of casual vs. formal and go with the flow. You could always do a late reservation at Chops or Portofinos for Thursday and you would have more time. I understand that the dress in those venues range from smart casual to formal. From our experience, the skorts or skirts would be fine for casual nights in the main dining room.

Archived