Uxmal- Concern about getting back to the port

bsailing

I'm thinking about using Autoprogreso for the Uxmal excursion, but am worried about getting back too late. Comments?

Welcome to CC and not to worry. Autoprogreso will get you back in plenty of time for boarding before sail away. Odds are that you will have people on your bus that booked thru the cruise line and paid twice as much as you. Be nice and don't rub it in their faces. Have fun.:D

What did you pay for the trip to Uxmal. Did you get in touch with autoprogreso prior to the cruise started ?

Thanks

Ellen

It´s only $49 Amiga and I sent ´em an email to ask about prices and what´s included in the tour. I contacted ´em thanks to Cyranie. check her posts and use the suggested email address.

Papi Puerto Rico:cool:

If you're still worried after reading what happened to people 2 weeks ago (so therefore it can't happen to you) book the deal through Carnival.

Solved.:)

I love a good mystery as much as the next person, but what happened to people two weeks ago?:confused:

Traveler353, I am taking my 3 teenage daughters (17, 16 yo twins) on the same cruise August 28 out of New Orleans. What to do in Progreso????? We plan on being beach bums and shop in Cozumel, but have no idea what Progreso has in store for us. Suggestions.......

1wildRN. Just keep reading. Various forms of your question have been asked and many have reported on these boards the many options available. Also checkout http://www.yucatantoday.com an excellent visitor's guide to the area. Major and moderate Mayan ruins nearby, the capitol city of the Yucatan state , Merida, a city of one million and home to four universitys. Beautiful archetecture dating back to 1549 and the oldest Cathedral of the Americas. A very nice all-inclusive if you don't enjoy exploring a different culture. It's a very safe area with good food and very warm and friendly people. No snorkling since Progreso in on the Gulf and not the crystal clear Caribbean.

I love a good mystery as much as the next person, but what happened to people two weeks ago?:confused:

I apologize...i meant that just because someone else made it back to the boat on time on their recent excursion, it isn't a guarantee you will.

If someone is nervous....take the Carnival excursion.

Traveler353, I am taking my 3 teenage daughters (17, 16 yo twins) on the same cruise August 28 out of New Orleans. What to do in Progreso????? We plan on being beach bums and shop in Cozumel, but have no idea what Progreso has in store for us. Suggestions.......

1wildRN. Just keep reading. Various forms of your question have been asked and many have reported on these boards the many options available. Also checkout www.yucatantoday.com an excellent visitor's guide to the area. Major and moderate Mayan ruins nearby, the capitol city of the Yucatan state , Merida, a city of one million and home to four universitys. Beautiful archetecture dating back to 1549 and the oldest Cathedral of the Americas. A very nice all-inclusive if you don't enjoy exploring a different culture. It's a very safe area with good food and very warm and friendly people. No snorkling since Progreso in on the Gulf and not the crystal clear Caribbean.

As always Hdawson suggestings are excellant. Merida is a wonderful city to visit, great old Colonial archetecture and some of the friendlest and helpful locals that you will come across. I have spent many hours wondering around Merida after the sun goes down and have always felt safe. August can be very hot and humid in Merida, if that is a problem for you and your daughters Autoprogresos busses are air conditioned if you decide to take their tours. Progreso is a outstanding city to just hang out on the beach, eat, drink margaritas (only you of course:p) and people watch. I will be there a week after you on the Sep. 6th sailing of the Triumph.

Archived