Teenager's on board...

kag92

We have booked a cruise to Alaska. My daughter is concerned if there will be kids her age. She will be 17 at the time of the cruise. We are booked on the Carnival Spirit. We will be going in July.

Any information on this will be great.

There will be a ton of teens on board in July. Once before my last Alaskan cruise, I talked to someone at the port where our cruise left from. She said about 100 to 200 kids are on the ship for each cruise during July and this was with Princess. I can imagine how many would be on Carnival.

Also not Carnival, but...

I shared your same concern when we booked Alaska for July 2010 on Radiance of the Seas (Royal Caribbean). But since then I've discovered that we'll have around a dozen teenagers just from our Roll Call. Presuming that there will be non-Cruise-Critics on board as well, I'm guessing we'll have a pretty good crowd of kids on the sailing.

We have booked a cruise to Alaska. My daughter is concerned if there will be kids her age. She will be 17 at the time of the cruise. We are booked on the Carnival Spirit. We will be going in July.

Any information on this will be great.

Try looking at the roll call and see if thereis one for your sailing date. Then you can ask on there if anyone has any teens sailing. We sailed on the Spirit quite a few years ago with our son who had recently turned 18 and we were surprised at how may people his age were on the ship.

I think as a percentage, there are less teens on an Alaska cruise but still quite a few. We did the NCL Pearl in August and our kids did have a lot of fun participating with the group that was there.

When we did a Caribbean cruise with them, there were a lot more teens and they really didn't enjoy it as much.

• 1 month later...

I took my 15 year old nephew on an Alaska cruise last summer. He had a great time with the group teen activities. When we would get our daily activities guide each night we would decide which things we would do for the next day. We would choose a time to meet for dinner and talk there about are days events. Made for great conversation. Then we would do all of the off boat things together. I had something scheduled for each port. We both had a great time. It was his 3ed cruise so he knows all the ropes.

We were on the Spirit last July with our 12 and 14 yr old kids. There were only 17 kids in their age group in the kids club. There was also a large group of teens travelling together. Hardly ever saw them.

Archived