ST Martin

dj cruise

It looked cool at first, but not after I saw more photos. The planes are so close to the people, and one link said the sand blowing up in your face is brutal. I think I might stay clear of Maho beach when we go!

It looked cool at first, but not after I saw more photos. The planes are so close to the people, and one link said the sand blowing up in your face is brutal. I think I might stay clear of Maho beach when we go!

the view looks safe from the bar stool.

:cool:

Sometimes you just got step out of that comfort zone. When I was living there on my sailboat it was a daily ritual for all the liveaboard cruisers to go down to Moho and catch the sunset with the planes coming in. When I first moved there they allowed boats to anchor of the end of the runway until one day a mast got clipped. So then it became a sunset beach party. The expressions on the face of first timers was priceless when the first plane came in.:D

Sometimes you just got step out of that comfort zone. When I was living there on my sailboat it was a daily ritual for all the liveaboard cruisers to go down to Moho and catch the sunset with the planes coming in. When I first moved there they allowed boats to anchor of the end of the runway until one day a mast got clipped. So then it became a sunset beach party. The expressions on the face of first timers was priceless when the first plane came in.:D

I heard that years ago an Air France jet clipped the fence on approach and that people referred to it as "Air Fence" for a long time after that.

Great pictures. We stopped by Maho a week ago Tuesday and read the surf board to see what time the next big jet was coming in. I had remembered from reading this board that on Tuesday afternoon there was usually a huge KLM that folks talked about. There was no mention of this on the surf board and the Air France came in about 20 minutes late and then the beach cleared out. Less than 20 minutes after that most of the people still at the beach were in the water and you could see this plane coming in with very wide set headlights. It was hilarious to see people scrambling out of the water and fumbling up the sand to find their camera and take a shot. The pilot must have thought that he was landing at the wrong "beach".;)

Archived