La Qunita Inn & Suites FLL

AJPitches

Has anyone every stayed here? I have heard that it is an ok place to stay. I am not looking for anything fancy, just a place to lay my head for a few hours (flight won't arrive until 10 pm.) Anyone that has stayed, is there any businesses around LQ, mainly concerned with somewhere to buy liquor and/or wine before the cruise.

Also, if anyone has any other suggestions for hotels near FLL that are near a liquor/wine store, I would like to hear about them. LQ is running about $70/night with an airport shuttle, so something comparable would be nice. We will be using a private company to get to POM the next day.

I appreciate the help!

We stayed at the one on 26th Ave. It is across from a large shopping area (Oakwood if memory serves). It was a nice hotel, with a pool, and a lake right behind the hotel. They also had a shuttle service to the port, although we had a rental car, so we didn't take advantage of it. Nice hotel and we would stay there again.

Has anyone every stayed here? I have heard that it is an ok place to stay. I am not looking for anything fancy, just a place to lay my head for a few hours (flight won't arrive until 10 pm.) Anyone that has stayed, is there any businesses around LQ, mainly concerned with somewhere to buy liquor and/or wine before the cruise.

Also, if anyone has any other suggestions for hotels near FLL that are near a liquor/wine store, I would like to hear about them. LQ is running about $70/night with an airport shuttle, so something comparable would be nice. We will be using a private company to get to POM the next day.

I appreciate the help!

Have stayed there several times. No problems and convenient (walking Distance) to a major shopping center. Shuttle to port but taxi back if needed.

Thanks guys! I am assuming then that this shopping center has an adult beverage store? My soon to be wife loves wine and I would like to try to buy some before the trip and I enjoy myself a stiff drink, which I may try to fenagle some on too.

We stayed there Feb. 27th and didn't like it at all. The airport shuttle was the only positive part of our stay. The rooms are yucky - we had no hot water in our sink - front desk couldn't have cared less; they acted like it was no big deal because "you have hot water in your tub". We are not fussy either... but I would never stay there again. We paid way too much because it was a busy weekend. Had I paid $69 a night we likely wouldn't have cared but we paid $150/night. It's two star at best.

Maybe it's just us, but I didn't find it very convenient to the shopping centre - it's too far to walk if you need to buy a lot of stuff. At night we didn't feel comfortable walking back from the restaurant -- it's kind of at the end of a dark dead end street.

Thanks OntCruise, for some reason, i got that feeling out of this place. We will be out of season so it is only $72 for the room. I am hoping for somewhere that is close to a store that sells alcohol, have you stayed anywhere else down in FL?

I have not stayed anywhere else, sorry can't help there. We chose this place because it had an airport shuttle and I was under the impression that the K-Mart and drug store were walking distance...they really aren't unless you've got some time (we didn't). The stores closest to the hotel are not where we needed to go. We did walk back from the TGIF restaurant -it was dark and I did not feel comfortable.

Not sure what day you are planning on doing you pre cruise shopping, but you cannot buy alcohol before 12:00 noon in FLL. We went to Kmart to buy snacks and wine and found that out.... so we had our shuttle guy stop at Walgreens in Miami.

Not sure what day you are planning on doing you pre cruise shopping, but you cannot buy alcohol before 12:00 noon in FLL.

Just to clarify: You cannot buy alcohol in Ft. Lauderdale before noon on Sundays. Any other day of the week, you can buy alcohol as early as 9AM.

Thanks guys! I am assuming then that this shopping center has an adult beverage store? My soon to be wife loves wine and I would like to try to buy some before the trip and I enjoy myself a stiff drink, which I may try to fenagle some on too.

If you are indeed staying at the LaQuinta near Oakwood Plaza, there is a BJ's Wholesale Club in the shopping plaza that sells wine, but you have to have the membership card. Someone else here on Cruise Critic was able to get a temporary membership card in order to shop there. Also, BJ's has a liquor store that is next door to the main store, and you DO NOT need a membership card to shop at the liquor store.

We stayed there near the end of February. We thought the hotel was great.

It was not across the street, but shopping was certainly within walking distance. We bought a LOT of diet coke, so we were glad we had brought along some sturdy backpacks to shlep it all back to the hotel.

We were there on a Friday night (our cruise was Saturday). My son bought a bottle of Jack Daniels at the BJ store. I don't understand the member/no member thing, but he could buy it at the little part of the store that was sort of separated from the larger part.

I got our king room for something like $89. I also had a queen/queen room for $95 for three additional family members. The clerk was amazed when he saw my price----I'd booked it months in advance. I think other folks were paying more in the neighborhood of $150 for the same type of room.

We have stayed here twice within the last 6 months, we have also stayed here several other times in the past. One advantage is there are

several restaurants to choose from within walking distance,there are sidewalk and the area is well lit. I know there is a Kmart but I don't know if it sells wine. I know that the hotel carpets are showing a little wear but I all I am interested in is a clean quiet room.

We were there on a Friday night (our cruise was Saturday). My son bought a bottle of Jack Daniels at the BJ store. I don't understand the member/no member thing, but he could buy it at the little part of the store that was sort of separated from the larger part.

You need a membership card to shop in the main store. You do not need a membership card to shop at the liquor store, which is separated from the main store and has a separate entrance.

We stayed there in November and were satisfied with the service and condition of the rooms. It's not a Marriott but it certainly was adequate and clean. I might not be writing this if I had paid $150, but we got a good rate (about half of that) and since we were driving our own car it was a super deal because they let us park free of charge for up to 14 days and provided a complimentary shuttle to the port (return trip was $7.50 pp).

Archived