The Baths

lisavet

Thanks Rum Bar - I am just nervous if we do it on our own that it will be so crowded we wont enjoy it and I dont want to take a chance not being able to find transportation back to the ship. I would love to not spend the $320 for the excursion but I want it to all work out.:)

Thanks Rum Bar - I am just nervous if we do it on our own that it will be so crowded we wont enjoy it and I dont want to take a chance not being able to find transportation back to the ship. I would love to not spend the $320 for the excursion but I want it to all work out.:)

We're doing the baths with a guy/company named Egbert for $45. If you do a search you should be able to get more info. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

I know this is a bit older post but if you haven't decided yet hire someone else or go on your own. We were on such a time constraint I wish I could have stayed there forever. We went 5 yrs ago in June bring water shoes there were sea urchins EVERYWHERE and many people stepped on them which is no fun.

• 2 weeks later...

We went with Patouche a couple years ago. We anchored a ways off shore an snorkled in over nice reef (located out to the left of the baths sands from shore beyond a rock outcrop). Nice snorkling, excellent unusual shore feature! Enjoy!

- P.S. While going on your own is very do-able via ferry. If you get there early using an independent excursion operator, you approach from sea and you can 'get the jump' on the crowds that tend to arrive en masse around 10 AM when ships are in port.

• 2 weeks later...

When I went to Tortola we were in port from 7 AM until 3 PM. There are 2 ferries, Smith's I think its called or Speedy Ferry. If you are going to the Baths try to get off the ship as soon as possible and get the earliest ferry there that you can. Its $25 per person round trip and about 30 minutes ride over to Virgin Gordo. There are cabs from there over to the Baths and you can either take your own snorkel gear or rent it there at the beach. When I was there you could walk into and through the boulders and snorkel at any of the numerous little tidal pools. You can also snorkel right off the beach there and the water was crystal clear. To catch the ferry its about a 15 minute walk so if you can get off the ship early you can catch the 7:45 ferry so it would be wise to grab a cab (maybe $8 total). The cabs come and go at The Baths so as long as you grab a cab back to the dock by around 12:45 you will have plenty of time to catch a ferry. Check each respective service as their arrival and departure times vary but I think Smith's Ferry has its first trip at 7:30 AM or 7:45. Speedy's 1st departure is around 9 AM but check each site. I say go and don't pay the ship fee because if you do it on your own it will cost you $25 each for the ferry, about $8 for each cab ride, and then whatever the charge if you rent snorkel equipment. You can EASILY do this excursion on your own!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived