Samana DR- cigar rolling?

KNcruisers

Hi,

We are going to Samana, DR on an upcoming cruise in May. My DH LOVES good cigars, and I know the DR is known for their cigars. Does anyone know if there are cigar shops or something in Samana, nearby the port where we could buy some, or watch them hand-roll the cigars? I think that is something my DH would like to see. If anyone has information about it, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :)

Check my review of Terry Bandi's Samana tours.

One of the stops is a cigar "factory." Basically, it is a small shop with one or two people rolling cigars by hand. You will probably be given a free cigar. In addition, there are many sizes and types of cigars available for sale.

This is just part of a larger tour. I highly recommend it.

Thanks for the info. I read your review of your trip with Terry - sounds like an amazing experience! I see this "terry" person being recommended all the time - some people in my roll call have already booked with him, so I'll have to look into it, if there is any room left for his tour. He seems quite popular!

Archived