Cozumel silver & vanilla

southerla

We will be coming to Cozumel in a couple of weeks and would like to know where is the best place to buy vanilla and silver jewelry. I know there are probably tons of places but where have you found is the best place.

Thank you

When you go ashore in Coz, you're sorta' forced to walk thru a shopping mall . . . we got some GREAT silver jewelry in a shop, on the right, not far inside the mall. We also got wonderful vanilla in the same mall as well -- we were a bit carried away with the vanilla thing . . . just how much vanilla do you use once you're home? Might have "over-bought" the vanilla.:rolleyes:

When you go ashore in Coz, you're sorta' forced to walk thru a shopping mall . . . we got some GREAT silver jewelry in a shop, on the right, not far inside the mall. We also got wonderful vanilla in the same mall as well -- we were a bit carried away with the vanilla thing . . . just how much vanilla do you use once you're home? Might have "over-bought" the vanilla.:rolleyes:

Thanks very much for the reply. I know what you mean about carried away. The bottles I have seen people bring home in the past are big enough are enough for 2-3 holidays worth of baking. I'm going to try to contain myself. :-)

hmm...do you think the plastic bottles would maintain the flavor and freshness as well as the glass bottles? :confused:
You can always transfer it to a glass bottle when you get home. Plastic is so much easier for packing.

Heres the thing yes you can buy at the main dock, But you will pay more

Go to the taxi line then ask for the main plaza

walk a bit I like the side streets,

few things to remember

1> the first and second price is never the right price

2> stand firm if you only will pay 20 for something them 15 and haggle to 20.

3> dont be afraid to walk away, alot of times they will stop you or follow you

4> bring cash, med to smaller bills, and break them apart in your wallet, 50 here 50 there. I had one guy look at my wallet to check if that was all i had like I said

5> this is a biggie for some, Look for 925 on the silver if they say its sterling, personally I like the hand mde stuff so some wont have it but it should

The shops you are "forced" to walk thru have lots of choices. Make sure you shop arround because the price of vanilla varies by each vender. Make sure you take some zip lock bags incase they leak on the way home! T-shirts are only $3 at some shops :) lots of good stuff for a great price. There was also some private venders that sold some really neat jewerly just outside of the "complex". Happy hunting!

Archived