Shore Excursions - Belize

txjudy

We are going on Elation out of Galveston on 3-13-05 to Progresso, Cozumel and Belize. Has anyone booked shore excursions thru the internet and if so what sites? Are they reliable and if something happens (ship not in port on that day) do I get a refund? Want to go on the canopy tour in Belize. TIA;)

I have booked two differant tours online for belize i forget the site address but i am sure soemone onhere knows them. I booked cave tubing from reggie, and wet n wild, they were both great and had no issies what so ever.

We were is Belize on 1/21. Booked cave tubing with XStream based on the recommendations on folks on these boards. I can highly recommend them. They are very aware of the ship's time in port. We met at 8 AM Belize time (CST). Ship is on EST. We were back at 2 PM Belize time. Had enough time to look through the shops at the dock and still made the tenders in plenty of time. Our guide for XStream was Richard (owner and founder of XStream). He was amazing and a great guy. He gives a wonderful history lesson of Belize and was able to answer any questions. His knowledge of the caves was great as well. He grew up exploring the caves. If I ever return to Belize, I will surely book with XStream.

http://belizecruiseexcursions.com

We also booked online with X-Stream for the cave tubing. It was very unique & one of the highlights of our trip. Totally professional.....totally took care of our small group from beginning to end. Highly recommend this trip & X-Stream!!

Originally Posted by pazandak63

We went on the River Wallace/ Altum Ha. Very nice. Booked through the ship and am glad as we did return late and the ship waited for us.

Karyn

I second this. We really enjoyed this tour.

Karyn (pazandak63)/Judyf

Would like to know more about this excursion..

1. What type of boat do you sail on down river wallace and how do you get there?? Are there bugs/insects enroute (do you need to spray down)??

2. where do you get off and what do you transfer to for Altum Ha??

3. What takes you back to port??

4. were you really late?? I booked this via CCL website on line and it comes up as DEPARTS 9am RETURNS 12am even though VALOR is only in port 9:00amspacer.gifspacer.gif6:00pm (Feb 20th Cruise).. So I am concerned!

Thanks much...feel free to email me directly at avid1@mindspring.com

There is a time change in Belize...anyway. We went on the ship tour. We were called to the theatre at 10:00 AM and put on the tender which is a long ride. The ship was out 6 miles. This was our least fav. tender. Put right onto open boat with part rood. Bring sunblock. Also bug stuff. We did not see any bugs but not sure if there is a time of year. January is the dry season. Boated up river 1 hour or so. Saw dolfins, Manitees, Croc's, monkeys, Iguanas. Tour guides from island and pointed out trees, economy, animals, everything you would want to know. Very nice. Then stopped for lunch which was $5.00. My husband ate it and said it was good but I could not describe what was on that plate...LOL. I ate a Peanut butter and jelly sandwich which I ordered from room service. Washeed down w/ beer. Small shops at this rest stop. Then on bus for another 15 min. Ruins were nice. Informative. Crawled to the top and took pictures. Had another beer...back to boat. We were late getting there and our tour guide got a call on her cell from Carnival checking on us. Ohh, take a hat with sun visor. One group goes up giver to ruins and bus back...the others take bus to ruins and River back. Hope this helps. Pazandak63@comcast.net. I dont have netscape. Karyn

I have cruised 4 times before and am sure the Carnival excursion prices are higher than average during spring break. I booked a trip to altun ha via belizecruiseexcursions.com. much better price and I'm sure all is well. they depend on the cruise ships for their business. they wouldn't dare mess it up (that's my story and I'm sticking to it). have done the cave tubing with another cruise and it was awesome. but this time, we've got an 8 year old with us and we don't think he would like the caves at all.

Guest Time2gocruzn
Oh we booked with http://belizecruiseexcursions.com and they were excellent. X-stream cave tubing is wonderfull and yes they offer a refund if your ship can't go to Belize.

We booked witht his company as well. I have read nothing but good reviews. When I e maileds her my bazillion questions, she was VERY quick to respond and very helpful. We are taking the Island tour/stingray sandbar combo tour. Very fairly priced I though...hits everything we were interested in here. too.:cool:

TXjudy,we are also cruising on elation 3/13. I've booked 2 excursions with other companies. the first with cozumelcruiseexcursions.com, we're going to the Nachi Cocom Beach club. I like the all inclusive price and with 6 people its a tremendous savings over Carnivals excursion prices. Then, in Belize we're going to see Altun Ha through belizecruiseexcursions.com and I believe the 2 groups are affiliated. the prices are MUCH better than carnival. I've read good postings about both of these groups on this site and am looking forward to the adventure. I've been to Belize before and highly recommend the cave tubing. Also, in Cozumel you can't go wrong with chankanaab (sp) or simply walking around and shopping. see you on board...:)

We have been to Cozumel many times and really just want to snorkle there. We did the canopy tour in Costa Rica and loved it so now our 2 dd want to do it in Belize. I've contacted a couple of outside excersion booking companies but they don't book the canopy tour. I will check with the tours you mentioned. Thanks.

Archived