Smoking on Conquest

JeanneBop

I may not be as well a seasoned a cruiser as some of you.

However I have Asthma I have done 3 cruises in past 16months. Planning another one in April.

I have found that a Hotel room that is a for smokers that I can not breathe. For that reason I make sure that I have a request anon-smoking room. I indicate it on the reservation form under comments. However when someone has smoked in a non-smoking room and the hotel does there thing with air purifier I have a harder time breathing due to the perfume residue it leaves behind.

On my past crusies I have never had a problem with the telltale order of a person who had smoked in the room. I make it a point of avoiding a area where people are smoking or a lounge that reaks of cigarette odor. There will always be a area where I can enjoy listening to music and enjoying a drink and not having to deal with smoke.

Just becasue I am Asthmatic I can not ask everyone else to change their lifestyle to suit me as I would not want to change my life style to suit a person who smokes.

You just have to reach a happy medium and live with it.

Archived