55th Wedding Anniversary - Help needed

atlantacarrie

We booked a surprise cruise for my husband's mom and dad as a birthday present. Now that we have booked it, we realize our first day at sea is also their 55th Wedding Anniversary. Do you have any ideas on how we can really make it special?

(We don't want to order a cake, or the room decorations; and we are not going to be eating in the dining room). We are cruising on the Fantasy out of Mobile in April.

Thanks for your ideas!

is also the Elegant Evening. Please eat in the dining room for their special day. The food will be nicer than anywhere else on the ship and you can let the wait staff know at the beginning of dinner that it is their anniversary and they will sing to them at dessert.

How about putting together a scrap book and surprise them with it on the cruise. It can have family pics and mementos of their life together. You can ask family & friends to write congratulation wishes and include them.

Also arrange to have a posed photo taken of your family on the ship. If you want things casual how about getting some matching T-shirts.

No need to take special dressy clothes, just something nice.

What is Cruise Elegant attire?

From Carnival's website:

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

There is also no steak house on the Fantasy.

Yes, Hubby, DD, and I are all going on the cruise. Thanks for the input so far... I was pondering eating at the steakhouse that night...but we don't really want to haul along the dress up clothes.

-C

You can wear" normal" clothes to dinner. Just wear pants/capris and nice shirt. The last cruise we went on was an 11 day cruise. I didn't want to take a dress since I was packing for 18 days in Europe. I wore khaki pants and a nice sweater to dinner. I didn't care that it was formal night. I just wanted a good meal. In all honesty as a person who loves to cruise I say where whatever you are comfortable in to dinner. (Except for those items they don't allow. :)

Archived