Dominica or St. Lucia? Which island would you NOT do an excursion?

kidrn65

We were scheduled for river tubing in Dominica, but it got cancelled due to heavy rain the night before. We ended up taking a van tour from the port - wasn't great but better than just sitting around. As others have said, Dominica has great ecotourism activities.

For St. Lucia, we took the ship's tour Land and Sea to Soufriere, where we bussed down to the Pitons, visited the volcano (hot springs mostly) and botanical gardens. We then boarded a catamaran for lunch, stopping for snorkeling at a beach then sailing into beautiful Marigot bay. Highly recommended.

There's plenty of photos and other info on my web site. Enjoy!

Thanks for asking original post question it helped me read a lot of new valuable opinions. I agree skip tours in other ports- cheap in St. Thomas to hop the open cab at pier to Magens Bay-, ST. Maarten take a cab to Maho beach and watch planes come in or water taxi across and shop-also have a small beach right down from water taxi area.

Archived