Cannes to Antibe, Cap Ferrat, Monte Carlo

medsailing

On a previous cruise (docked in Cannes) our family of 4 had a wonderful day with a private guide - visiting Eze, St. Paul de Vence, Monaco and Monte Carlo. Our drive back from Monte Carlo also included stops in between Villefranche and Nice. This June, (just my husband and myself) we'll be docking in Cannes again (8am-8pm). Our plan is to use the public transportation system and hope to have a relatively leisurely day. I'd like to spend a bit more time in Cannes, but also tour Antibe, Cap Ferrat and Monte Carlo. Would like to sit and have a drink/snack at one of the outdoor cafes there instead of just passing through and taking pictures (as we did first time round). Our preference is not to rent a car and drive ourselves. I'd appreciate suggestions on how to make the most of our time and where to head first etc.

Thanks

Marion

If you love gardens one of the most amazing experiences you will have is to visit Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild. The place was owned by Mme Rothschild but she never actually lived there. The garden is the most fabulous you will ever see. There is also a cafe to have a drink or lunchin the breakfast room. It is at Cap Ferat and the spot where the house and garden is would have to be among the most expensive and best pieces of real estate in the world. Well worth a visit if you have the time

I think your plans are way too ambitious.

Explore Cannes, have Lunch and then either head over to Antibes or Monte Carlo. To do much more could be pushing your luck. In Antibes all the Shops close around 1pm.

My other suggestion is to take the train to Antibes early and eat there as there are so many good places to dine. Then head back to Cannes to explore at your lesure.

There is a nice yacht harbour in Antibes.

Brian

Archived