HELP! I get logged off

MARIANH

What am I doing wrong?

Today, after logging in successfully I composed a longish response to questions re Sojourn. This took quite a long time. When I came to send the item I was informed I should log in again. When I did ( successfully) my long message had disappeared.

Earlier this year the same thing happened when I composed a longish review of Odyssey.

I am disillusioned.

Anyone know why this happens and how can I avoid it in the future - other than by typing at breakneck speed.

What am I doing wrong?

Today, after logging in successfully I composed a longish response to questions re Sojourn. This took quite a long time. When I came to send the item I was informed I should log in again. When I did ( successfully) my long message had disappeared.

Earlier this year the same thing happened when I composed a longish review of Odyssey.

I am disillusioned.

Anyone know why this happens and how can I avoid it in the future - other than by typing at breakneck speed.

Yes,try typing a bit quicker, you old codger.

Prepare your reply in Wordperfect or whatever is your usual word processing software. Save it to your Documents file. Then copy and paste into the Cruise Critic reply box. If the reply disappears (!) then you have your back-up copy in your documents file and can just repeat the copy/paste actions until the message 'sticks'.

Prepare your reply in Wordperfect or whatever is your usual word processing software. Save it to your Documents file. Then copy and paste into the Cruise Critic reply box. If the reply disappears (!) then you have your back-up copy in your documents file and can just repeat the copy/paste actions until the message 'sticks'.

Many thanks - very helpful. Willdo as long as this "old codger" ( see Lord's post) can master copying and pasting! But would be interested to know if there is a Cruise Critic timeout once logged in.

I think the pen is fast but the hand is a little slower.Do you think that you have Nib trouble at your age?

I can only think that there is a time out and perhaps Dan can tell us what the time scale is.

Perhaps so. My matron is always telling people His Nibs aint what he used to be. Or was it Fings aint what they used to be - I dont always hear very well.

I hope Dan can shed light on time out issues.

I am not aware of any time limits, but I will check to make sure..

Host Dan

I would be grateful. It is always possible that it is an issue with my computer; but being computer illiterate I have no way of checking. My son may be able to help if this proves to be the problem.

Regards

Yes, I get kicked out if I dont move around the site, or if Im doing a long reply, probably after about 10 minutes or so. Like someone said, best to write what you want to in word first then copy and paste.

Thanks for confirmation that I am not alone. It's probably because we Brits tend to be long winded! So its cancel seeking help from son and trying to copy and paste. I will try.

UPDATE- If you are posting during CC back-up (approx. 4am EST) all bets are off!

Host Dan

Thanks.

Looks like I may have lost the bet without knowing I was gambling! My problem was around 10.30hrs in the UK - approx 05.30hrs EST? How long does backup normally last?

Regards

Thanks.

Looks like I may have lost the bet without knowing I was gambling! My problem was around 10.30hrs in the UK - approx 05.30hrs EST? How long does backup normally last?

Regards

The backup takes an hour or so..

Host Dan

Thanks.

Regards

MARIANH: Don't think you've lost the bet yet. I've also been 'kicked off' while composing a long reply. And, this has occured at various times of the day. Now, I write my post in Word, and then copy and paste in the message reply.

Dan, an interesting problem I have had a couple of times...I will have typed a large enough response..and it will come on when I submit and say that my message is not long enough. So...I have had just the reverse reaction. Lola

I wish I could answer all your inquiries, but alas, I am not that computer savvy!

Host Dan

I am so disapointed..I thought that I was the only disadvantaged one! Personally...I would love to learn to cut and paste! :eek:

Archived