Cheapest and easiest way to be a lazy bum in Ensenada, Cabo, and Catalina?

thosecrazystephens

Hi I am currently in charge of planning a mom's only cruise for myself and a bunch of friends. Since many of us live within 8 hours of Los Angeles we have decided that a Mexican Riviera Cruise would be the best.

We are mainly doing this to get a few days away from our families and recharge our batteries by getting tans and enjoying girl time. We don't want to spend any money at port if there is anyway around it (we are first time cruisers). We just want to lounge in some beach chairs in about 6 inches of water and read and talk and catnap. Is this possible to do in Ensenada and Catalina? I figure it must be in Cabo.

We need to know about how long it takes to walk to a beach and any fees associated with it.

Would it be cheaper for us to buy our own beach chairs or rent them?

What would be the average cost to rent?

Is there a cost to get on the beach at any of these places?

I think the only two things we might be persauded to do would be a swim with dolphins, or possibly a zip line tour (forgive me for not researching these two things yet as I think we most likely will not do them, I just wanted any input from those who have do these excursions in these ports)

Also would be be able to go out to the beach in the morning then re-board the ship for lunch? Or do we need to take some money for lunch? How much would we need in pesos or us$ if we wanted to consume say... 1000 calories each? (I know that's more than we should eat, but hey it's a vacation lol)

Thank you for your time, please forgive me if I've posted this in the wrong spot, feel free to move it if necessary.

catalina and ensenada are typically too COLD to lounge at the beach, and Ensenada is not set up for that near the cruise pier.

Ensenada

IMG_1882.jpg

Cabo, Head to Medano Beach. Find some beach chairs/umbrellas to rent and move in to near the Mango Deck show. If you walk around the Marina to get there you can stop and buy eats/drinks/ice and tote them to the beach with you. The Mango Deck show is a real thrill

Medano Beach

IMG_5347-1.jpg

Medano Beach

IMG_1096-1.jpg

Medano Beach Mango Deck

IMG_1073.jpg

Medano Beach Mango Deck show stage (wild antics for free drinks all day long)

IMG_8791.jpg

For $ 6 to $ 10 per person...you can do it at Cabo. Get a water taxi ride out to Lover Beach. Read, swim, the water Taxi will come and pick you up to return to port. Since Cabo is a tender port...you have to catch another boat ride back to the ship for foods if you don't want to spend money.

But I have to warm you, it is not easy getting in and out of the water taxi once it dock at Lover Beach.

As for Ensenada...you have to take a bus ride from port to city, cost $ 2. From there walk around the city for fun.

As for Catalina...you can walk around town, very easy. Little windown shopping and return to ship for lunch?

Archived