Old Lahaina Luau

priya08

Hey guys, quick question on OLL. Since there are no seating reservations in OLL (or are there?) apart from traditional mat seating or conventional seating - do we have to line up hours before to get a good seat? How long is the ideal lineup to get a good seat?

Hey guys, quick question on OLL. Since there are no seating reservations in OLL (or are there?) apart from traditional mat seating or conventional seating - do we have to line up hours before to get a good seat? How long is the ideal lineup to get a good seat?

The seating is assigned, you just don't know it or control it (other than requesting mat vs. table & chairs). They fill the seating area on a first reserved basis, starting at the front, so it really pays to book early.

The seating is assigned, you just don't know it or control it (other than requesting mat vs. table & chairs). They fill the seating area on a first reserved basis, starting at the front, so it really pays to book early.

Yes, this is what I've read also. The sooner you book, the better seat you'll get! So showing up early to line up won't make a difference.

Oh is that how it's done? I emailed them asking about my seating arrangements and they said the computer assigns the seats the day of your reservation. I made mine 7 months ahead of schedule so I'm sure I will have a good seat if this is true!!!

I'm just wondering what the best bay to get to the luau is? Do you know how far of a drive it is from where NCL docks in Kahului? Is it close enough to take a taxi?

The best way is to rent a car. If you take a taxi, it will cost $70-75 each way. (My rental car is $30/day.)

Maui also has a bus that goes from Kahului to Lahania but it will take a long time. Google "maui bus" for more info.

Archived