Pulpit Rock Stavanger.

Hi everyone,

Myself and my girlfriend are going on the Arctic Circle cruise on the Oriana in June and one of the ports will be Stavanger. We really want to get to the top of the pulpit rock (and not just sail under it like the cruise excursion offers). Does anyone know whether there are local private excursions/taxis or walking tours which would enable us to do this?

Many Thanks!!!

• 4 weeks later...

This link may provide useful information http://www.gardkarlsen.com/preikestolen.htm

- the problem is the timing of transportation from Stavanger to the start of the hike and then the time it takes to hike up and back down and get back to Stavanger in time so you don't miss the ship's departure.

The Tourist Office in Stavanger should be able to give you info re transportation to the start of the hike.

Also there are lots of videos of Preikestolen (Pulpit Rock) on Youtube that will give you an idea of what's involved and why the hike is definitely worth the effort if you can arrange it.

Good luck - We've sailed by Pulpit Rock many times, but haven't hiked it - yet!

Thanks for the reply luvnorway! That is the problem we have I think, I doubt we will be able to get to the base, hike up and back down and then get back to the ship in time, despite having a full day in Stavanger. I think we'll go straight to the tourist info and see what we can arrange.

Archived