Port of Miami and Alcohol

ashwhita

Just a question.....I've been looking and cannot find an answer in any other threads but if you are caught with liquor on you, not in your bags but in a pocket or something, do they just confiscate the alcohol or do they do something else?????

Just a question.....I've been looking and cannot find an answer in any other threads but if you are caught with liquor on you, not in your bags but in a pocket or something, do they just confiscate the alcohol or do they do something else?????

Its my understanding they will only confiscate.

Here is statement from Carnival.com in FAQ section.......

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation Day:

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the steakhouse. Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. All prohibited alcohol, excessive quantities of wine/champagne or non-alcoholic beverages will be removed and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be delivered to your stateroom on the last night of the cruise. Unsealed containers with prohibited liquids will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case.

It depends how full the brig is of previous caught smuggers........

Try and not be one of the first few caught, as the brig is a deck below sea level and you have to eat crew's food all week~~!!~~

All prohibited alcohol, excessive quantities of wine/champagne or non-alcoholic beverages will be removed and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be delivered to your stateroom on the last night of the cruise.

Hmmmm... that sounds like the PERFECT way to have a GREAT last night and not have to store the booze in your cabin all week.....

just returned from The Destiny out of Miami, everything of ours made it on fine, rrs in checked baggage went good, carried on 3 bottles of wine, 12 pack waters, case of sodas with no problem. Happy Sailing!

Bags do though.

Unless you think one could hide a glass bottle of booze in your pants. But some ports are reported to be checking for that too.

The OP was asking about carrying it in their pocket:rolleyes:

Sorry to be so blunt... but dont ever try to carry liquor on your person,, unless it is a bottle of wine or champagne.. why would you even do that..:rolleyes:

Each adult can carry a bottle on so you could take 2 that way. Or do you mean both of you want to take 2? If that was the case I'd just tell them you have 2 due to a B2B and if they'd like to hold one for you until the end of this cruise that would be fine. They'll probably allow it through, if not they'll hold it and you'll still have it for the next leg.

Each adult can carry a bottle on so you could take 2 that way. Or do you mean both of you want to take 2? If that was the case I'd just tell them you have 2 due to a B2B and if they'd like to hold one for you until the end of this cruise that would be fine. They'll probably allow it through, if not they'll hold it and you'll still have it for the next leg.

thank you..........that is what i wanted to know

cheryl

Archived