Legend Review - March 7th thru 14th

Irish1964

Let me start our by saying that I don’t have pictures yet. I can’t believe how quick some people get there reviews in and here I am almost a month back and still haven’t had time to get pictures done.

This was mine and the DH’s first cruise. We went with his parents Jan and Gary who were celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary, DH’s brother Rick and wife Susie, and DH’s Sister Tammy and husband Mike. We left Nebraska on Saturday, March 6th for Tampa. We stayed the night at the Bay Harbor Inn and were ready to hit the ship on Sunday. The hotel had a shuttle service package. We asked the driver to stop someplace so that we could get some Diet Mt. Dew. The driver stopped at a Walgreens and right next door was a liquor store so we grabbed some rum to try our luck.

We got to the dock around 1 p.m. and by that time all the lines were pretty much gone. We went right to our room dropped off our carry on luggage and ate at the Lido deck. The weather was wonderful especially compared to Nebraska. (I carried on the rum and there wasn’t a problem)

Dinner that night was awesome. Our waiter was Raymundo and his helper was Alvin. They were GREAT! Raymundo had a magic trick or some joke every night. Alvin would remember what kind of bread we liked and if we liked coffee or hot tea with our desert. They made sure that on my in-laws 50th anniversary there was a cake (we didn’t pay any more for) and they had all the waiters sing.

In Grand Cayman’s we talked my sister-in-law Tammy into going snorkeling. She had a blast! We also swam with the sting rays. Then we went shopping and stopped by Margaritaville which was packed with Spring Breakers. Fun to watch but I had to get out of there…

In Cozumel the DH and Mike went golfing while I got to shop with Tammy. Rick and Susie did a fun excursion which I will let her tell on her blog.

In Belize DH, Rick, Susie, and I went on “The Raiders of the Lost Mayan Caves” Too much fun! Our tour guide was Elvis Usher (yep that was his name). Elvis really loved his country! The bus ride to the caves was long but you didn’t notice it because Elvis gave us the history of Belize, the wildlife of Belize, and anything else you ever wanted to know about Belize – You Better Belize It! We ate before we started our cave expedition which was a surprise but worked out better. Our cave tour guide was Marsha – we also got Elvis to come along with us. We trekked up a hillside, rappelled down a cliff, traversed a steep cliff face, and zipped lined through the caves. We learned about the way the Mayan’s would sacrifice blood for fertility rituals and how they believed that the caves were considered Hell and that getting out was like traveling through Hell and back. Very cool. We laughed and sweated and had an overall great time.

On Friday we made it to Roatan were we had hired a driver for the in-laws 50th anniversary. When we got there the driver (Derrick) had a cake with “Happy 50th Anniversary” just waiting for us. So thoughtful. Derrick took us on a tour of the island and gave us a little history lesson. We went to a monkey farm where you can also zip line (we didn’t). The monkeys were so cute. One actually untied my swimsuit, which is another story…. Derrick then took us to a private resort where we had cake and went swimming. Derrick also went and purchased the guys some local beer which was a big hit. Susie and I got a drink at the resort that was just like malt with lots and lots of alcohol! Again, great time.

Saturday was a day at sea and we were back on Sunday –way too soon. With this being my first cruise it has definitely set the bar very high. I can’t wait to go again.

Archived