Vision of the Seas TA, April 4th 2011 Sao Paulo-Lisbon

ShipsInBergen

• 3 weeks later...
Is anyone else booked on this sailing? I'm travelling alone and know that a lot of the passengers will be portugese speaking so it would be nice to have some fellow english speakers for company!

My partner and I just signed up for this cruise last week. We are from Atlanta, so we will be speaking American :eek: hopefully you will still understand us. We live in Atlanta, although we grew up in the North East (New York,/Philadelphia).

We were wondering if the would be heavy on the Portuguese. I know that Royal Caribbean still considers it an English Language sailing.

My partner and I just signed up for this cruise last week. We are from Atlanta, so we will be speaking American :eek: hopefully you will still understand us. We live in Atlanta, although we grew up in the North East (New York,/Philadelphia).

We were wondering if the would be heavy on the Portuguese. I know that Royal Caribbean still considers it an English Language sailing.

Great to see you'll be onboard. I'm sure we'll all cope fine with each other's accents! I guess there will be plenty of english speakers if you say it's being advertised to them over in the states? Hopefully portugese won't be too much of a problem anyway as I'm spending a couple of months in Brazil prior to this cruise and should pick up a bit along the way!

Have you guys done a TA before? I'm really excited about all the sea days, as this has always been my favourite part of the cruise!

We have not done a transoceanic yet, this will be our first. My partner loves the sea days as well, so he is looking forward to that. I am looking forward to the Canary Islands as I have wanted to visit them.

I also liked this itinerary as we get to cross the equator by sea. It should be interesting as it really is more of a sailing north cruise than sailing east, as Brazil is already so far east.

So are you going to Brazil for school, or just for fun? What made you decide to take a ship back?

The Equator cermenoy sounds like good fun. I've never even been in the southern hemishpere before.

I'll be in Brazil for fun mainly, I'm taking six months out when I graduate from uni in september to do a bit of travelling (standard, I know) and see some of the places that interest me before settling down to find a full time job. I've always wanted to do an ocean crossing by sea, having always been heavily interested in ocean liners and cruise ships. The fact this sailing went pretty much exactly where I'd have wanted a flight to go and wasn't really much more expensive is what decided it for me. I'm pretty sure I'm paying a bit too much for the cruise though (since travelling alone) but I'm sort of hoping for a price drop as I saw the fares last year plummet around christmas time and I'm on a crazily tight budget for my 6 months away.

Oh and I had a look at your flickr photos of the antarica cruise, which looked amazing. Definitely another thing I'd love to do at some point, but currently way out of my price range!

• 6 months later...

Good afternoon Gents,

Myself and partner are also booked on this cruise.

We were just sitting looking at our destinations and trying to plan what we want to do and see. Has anyone got any thoughts already?

Hope to meet you all on board!

Dave and James

• 2 months later...

hey guys,

there is also another forum on the go:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1322858

hope everyone has registered for the meet and mingle, if not follow this link so that we can have a party thrown for us!

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/rollcall/cruiselinel2.cfm?cruiselineid=32&sr=us

Dave.

• 1 month later...

Archived