How much money for cruise clothes is enough?

WeirdEyes

How much money for cruise clothes is enough?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. How much money for cruise clothes is enough?

• Under $200
    • $200-$400
    • $500-$700
    • $800-$1,000
    • Over $1,000
    • None of your business ;)

(I wish I could "hide" my clothes. However, DH knows exactly what I spend money on since he does our finances. :rolleyes:)

My husband writes out the bills and I settle the checkbook. He WILL see all I've bought for the cruise, I'm just waiting to suprise him onboard. This is like a second honeymoon for us as we're not taking the kids. It will be the first time we've been away from them for more than a day (their teens now.) So, I deserve to splurge. Plus, I've bought my husband some fun shirts (for the cruise) I'm hiding in my closet too. I just can't wait till cruise day!! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Islandreaming,

I'm excited for you! Just came back from our 25th Anniversary celebration cruise. Your shopping finds sound like mine as I had to purchase most of my clothing (went down 3 sizes since last summer). DH knew about all my purchases but didn't want to see them all, he wanted me to suprise him. It was great-I wore styles that I'd never dare to years ago in larger sizes.

DH was thrilled! Good news is that I already lost 4 of the 5 lbs. gained on our 12 day culinary adventure. Have a great time on your cruise! :)

My husband writes out the bills and I settle the checkbook. He WILL see all I've bought for the cruise, I'm just waiting to suprise him onboard. This is like a second honeymoon for us as we're not taking the kids. It will be the first time we've been away from them for more than a day (their teens now.) So, I deserve to splurge. Plus, I've bought my husband some fun shirts (for the cruise) I'm hiding in my closet too. I just can't wait till cruise day!! ;)

Great idea! I do hide my purchases from Victoria's Secret and "pop" them out on the cruise. However, I'll be leaving those at home since our 16 y/o is cruising with us. Our second honeymoon was our Mariner cruise last year. We had the time of our lives. Have a wonderful time!!!

Islandreaming,

I'm excited for you! Just came back from our 25th Anniversary celebration cruise. Your shopping finds sound like mine as I had to purchase most of my clothing (went down 3 sizes since last summer). DH knew about all my purchases but didn't want to see them all, he wanted me to suprise him. It was great-I wore styles that I'd never dare to years ago in larger sizes.

DH was thrilled! Good news is that I already lost 4 of the 5 lbs. gained on our 12 day culinary adventure. Have a great time on your cruise! :)

Great job on losing those pounds gained. I hope I do as well as you after I get back. Also, congrats on going down 3 sizes!!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Our family is crazy trying to get ready for the cruise. I had to buy a suit for one of my sons at Kohl's for like $100 plus I had a $50 gift card. I bought a new suit just last weekend at Marshall Field's because they're having $200 off ALL of their suits. I also bought a new blazer which was $75 off at Marshall Field's as well. So, the suit turned out to be $50 for my son and $350 for mine. The blazer was like $170. Then, I had to buy some new polos and dress shirts for my two sons from Carson's, Marshall Field's, and a couple from Kohl's. I also got a really really nice Ralph Lauren shirt for myself at Bloomingdale's for only $14.95. It's usually $129. Then, the next day I found the same exact shirt at Marshall Field's for $60 and the Ralph Lauren store for almost full price, $99. So, so far we're up like $900. My wife already has a formal gown and my daughter hasn't even started shopping.

I should get off this website, I'm supposed to be working right now. lol

-Chris

Tell me about it, I leave on Saturday for my first cruise and I just can't help picking up something here and there. The thing is, I can only shove 50 lbs. of stuff in each suitcase or suffer the surcharge for going over the pound allowance. I think my poor husband's going to have a hernia lifting these suitcases I intend to bring. Enjoy your trip, the new clothes and forget about the bill until it comes. Don't worry, be happy!!:)

We have always booked early so I watch the end of the season sales for summer things. I also buy alot of pretty nice things but never at full price, I wait till the 50% and 75% sales. My favorite stores are Anne Taylor Loft and anything Liz Claiborne at Dillards. I am always looking for one new evening dress throughout the year and I watch sales. After proms are a good time to find bargains. For the next cruise I think the only thing I want to buy is a really beautiful evening dress as this is our 25th anniversary celebration and I want to WOW my hubby!!!:D We just went to Jamaica to an AI this year so I have plenty of shorts, etc. and even a new SS that still has the tags on it. I always overpack anyway..... Have fun shopping.......:p

Archived