Is the Sensation a disappointment?

My family went on the sensation in Oct last yr (09) and loved it, yes the ship is compact, but a nice trip..more cozy. I would like to give two suggestions on excursions. Do not bother with the power snorkel in Massau. my then 12 yr old son loved it, however as a diver I can tell you there is no live coral, a lot of trash & lion fish that are killing the reef. you are just outside the port on the side of a busy water way. the people were barely helpfull, I had 2 "machines" that did not work, they just threw me another one, and went back to drinking. Nassau is very dirty. the straw market is over crouded & over priced. We also did the bottom reef fishing in Freeport, did not catch a thing..but others did. the captain & crew were very nice & tried 5 different sites to have a better chance of landing a fish. it was still a fun day.

We sailed on the Sensation in January, in an AFT balcony cabin and loved it. I thought the food was better on the Sensation in the MDR, and did we ever love the MONGOLIAN BARBECUE.... different meats/ shrimp etc to chose from each day, and different veggies and oriental noodles. I thought the ship was great... just fine for size.

My DH and I were on the Sensation in March. We had agreat get away. It was spring break time so lots of young people. 3 bachelorette parties that we saw. We spent our evenings in Michelangelos listening to Music Asia (they were awesome) and had a great time.

Don't think you'll be disappointed.

Since we had been to Nassau we enjoyed the Serenity deck watching the crowds march into port. Afterward there was no line for the Mongolian Grill, Yumm.

BTW-we did make it to the Strawmarket for a knock off pocket book and to Senior Frogs for a real margarita.

Relax and have fun!

:)

If that is the band we saw, they were awesome! Great cover band.

We have sailed the Sensation twice this year, and it is perfect for what you've described. We went with friends who had never cruised both times, and it was a great way for them to experience cruising. Especially if all you have to compare to is the Destiny and Majesty, you wont be disappointed...

Just got back on Sunday from my second Sensation cruise - it was absolutely wonderful! My first cruise on her was before the adult area and waterslide upgrades - WOW! Loved the adult area so much, laid out in the sun for a little while, then moved back to the shaded chairs just to enjoy the breeze and view. Great use of this aft deck.

The waterslides were fabulous - so much better than the old slide at the pool. The yellow twister is lots of fun, though you can feel the tube seams on your back as you slide, might be hurtful to some. The blue racing slides were fast and smooth - just great.

Food was great, service was excellent. We also made it a point to "join in" some of the activities like the line dancing, plus the trivia games and scavenger hunt that they hold on the promenade deck, which was just a lot of fun, and I even won my first "ship on a stick". :D You could never be bored on this ship, unless you just choose to be.

Don't miss the show "Far From Over" - it's an '80's music review, and my favorite Carnival show overall.

Archived