room and category change

BFisher244

Was hoping someone could clear up this confusion.

I reserved a room in 2D for $799. Due to the price of 2C dropping to $799 I switched to a 2C room. Now 2C has gone up to $909. I noticed that a room in 1B is currently going for $899 while a 2C is going for $909. Does this mean that I can now upgrade to the 1B AND get a $10 per person credit? Or would it be the case that since I paid $799 that I would now have to pay $100 extra to reach the $899 mark if I wanted that room category?

I reserved a room in 2D for $799. Due to the price of 2C dropping to $799 I switched to a 2C room. Now 2C has gone up to $909. I noticed that a room in 1B is currently going for $899 while a 2C is going for $909. Does this mean that I can now upgrade to the 1B AND get a $10 per person credit? Or would it be the case that since I paid $799 that I would now have to pay $100 extra to reach the $899 mark if I wanted that room category?

You'd have to pay the additional $100. One way to think of it is as if you cancelled the original booking and were starting again from scratch.

Recommend that you phone & see what Celebrity tells you . You might get a good surprise or you might have to pay the $100 if you want the 1B .It seems to me it is worth a phone call.

Recommend that you phone & see what Celebrity tells you . You might get a good surprise or you might have to pay the $100 if you want the 1B .It seems to me it is worth a phone call.

...but don't hold your breath.

I tried and failed, but it was worth a shot.

You were correct that the price is based off what I paid and not the current listed price. In order to get a higher category the price would have to drop to $799 or I'd have to pay the difference.

Archived