Confused about time zones on Valor Western Caribbean cruise

michael91401

I'll be on the Valor, sailing out of Miami on May 9 and am interested in booking a Stingray Sailing excursion through a private company I've heard very positive things about. I remember that Grand Cayman is an hour behind Miami time. When we arrive, does Carnival switch to local time or does the ship remain on Miami time for the duration of the cruise?

Our excursion is at 8:15AM, local time. The ship is scheduled to arrive at 7AM. If the ship stays on Miami time, I think this means it would be 6AM local time and we'd have a little more time for breakfast and the tender into port.

Can enyone educate me on this point? Many thanks!

It's pretty simple, actually! Set your clocks and watches to SHIP'S TIME. If you aren't sure, you can always call the customer services desk (on the ship) to find out.

If you're really curious as to what local time will be, try looking up worldtimeserver.com.

A word of warning about using your cell phone for the time.DON'T! Go buy a cheap watch and set it to ship's time, and you should be good to go!

I hope this helps!;)

I'll be on the Valor, sailing out of Miami on May 9 and am interested in booking a Stingray Sailing excursion through a private company I've heard very positive things about. I remember that Grand Cayman is an hour behind Miami time. When we arrive, does Carnival switch to local time or does the ship remain on Miami time for the duration of the cruise?

Our excursion is at 8:15AM, local time. The ship is scheduled to arrive at 7AM. If the ship stays on Miami time, I think this means it would be 6AM local time and we'd have a little more time for breakfast and the tender into port.

Can enyone educate me on this point? Many thanks!

Yes, you are correct. The ship will stay on Miami time so GC time with be an hour behind. We are doing the same cruise in July and the same excursion in GC. You'll have to let us know how you liked it. We will be there 7-4 ship time which is 6-3 local time. We meet at 8:15 (local time) and the tour is about 4 hours so we should get back by 12:30 local time which is 1:30 ship time.

YES, stay on ship time! Your cell phone changes by it self as you change time zones, so DO NOT rely on your cell. The times for your excursions will work out fine. The operators know times for ships by heart.....they know where their income comes from.

Enjoy!

Kat

Archived