Silver Whisper October 14, 2010

scapel

• 3 weeks later...
Here is the link if it works:

http://www.seaexpress.bm/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_13212_283_1766_43/http%3B/ptpublisher.gov.bm%3B7087/publishedcontent/publish/ministry_of_tourism_and_transport/sea_express/dept___seeaexpress__ferry_schedule_new/summer_schedule_2010new.pdf

I looked at the Ferry Schedule and it shows Ferry from Hamilton to Dockyard on Sat and Sunday but no ferry from Dockyard to St. George and reverse on Sat or Sunday.

I guess the person that responded to my question on the Bermuda board knows what he was talking about.

Looks like this may be the reason the ship changed the itinerary so we would get to St.George which may be a nicer visit than Hamilton. It would have been a chore to get to St.George. It seems that one could rent a car and driver or take a tour or the long bus ride if they wanted to go to Hamilton. Apprently one can't rent a car in Bermuda or even drive a relative's car.

Yes it is true you can't rent a car in Bermuda but you can rent a moped. I am surprised that Bermuda is even allowing a ship to dock on the weekend. They really believe in quality of life for their citizens and most places are closed on Sunday.

St George's is charming to stroll around. The three main tourist areas are the Dock Yards, Hamilton and St.George Bus rides are longfrom point to point.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

SILVERWHISPER

Bill & Carolyn I guess from NY or close (Billp1)

Jack & Sharon. (aruba jack)

We now have the start of a nice little group.

Joe & Jan from Lousiiana (scapel)

Vance & Beryl from Blackpool

nowvoyager15

jgibbs

Not suire if Jgibbs was just commenting or on the cruise. We sure don't have many on cruise critic.

SILVERWHISPER

nowvoyager15

jgibbs

duct tape for 5 people

Don't know if Silver Whisper gives any kind of Cruise Critic party, but if there is someone on our cruise that knows the layout of the ship and can recommend a location, we might have a sail-away get togehter at a certain time for about an hour.

On the Millennium ships it has been on the stern where the views are nice.

Maybe someone can make a recommendation or a location aboard ship.

Lots of people usually go to the pool area for sail-away.

duct tape

Thanks. If sail away is at 5:00 PM, we could all just meet there around 5 PM unless someone has a better idea.

I used to have a home made Cruise Critic badge so I could be recognized as a Cruise Critic member. I also used to have a hat with Louisiana on it but lost it last June in the Rhine River.

Two months should go by fast and then it is only 2 weeks.

you might need some warm clothes if you want to meet at the pool for the sailaway.

We sailed out of New York last October on the 17th and it was very windy and cool .

But we might get lucky and the temps could be in the low 60s at that time of day...

I would let the badge stay home. It is a small area and I'll be at the bar! Just ask a bartender, they will find me.

Hey Bar tender: "Do you know duct tape?"

Bar Tender: " Yea, but I don't have any"

Where are you from duct tape with a little "d"?

Hi everyone,

Is this an unoffical roll-call thread for the Silver Whisper 14 Oct cruise? I too am booked on this cruise & cannot wait to try Silverseas - I am from Bristol, UK. Is it most people's first time sailing on this ship?

I'll write more soon & looking forward to our first CC meeting at sailaway near the bar!

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Hi everyone,

Is this an unoffical roll-call thread for the Silver Whisper 14 Oct cruise? I too am booked on this cruise & cannot wait to try Silverseas - I am from Bristol, UK. Is it most people's first time sailing on this ship?

I'll write more soon & looking forward to our first CC meeting at sailaway near the bar!

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Hi RJMS74 FROM Bristol, UK

I couldn't find another thread on this cruise so started this one. If there is another thread somewhere, a board monitor person might suggest merging if there is another thread.

We have not been on any Silverseas ship before.

Pool bar meeting 5PM

SILVERWHISPER

nowvoyager15

jgibbs

duct tape for 5 people

RJMS74 from Bristol, UK

Minor correction: we'll be on SS around then, but not Whisper.

jgibbs, Thanks for your help with questions about Silverseas. I took your name off our list. Please continue to comment if you have ideas.

SILVERWHISPER

nowvoyager15

duct tape for 5 people

RJMS74 from Bristol, UK

• 1 month later...

Archived