Booked in Embassy Suites in Ft. Lauderdale--now need rental car options

Thanks for all the great suggestions on this page with regard to Hotels pre-cruise. We are staying in the Embassy Suites, after I found some good information on joining Hilton Honors and a better deal! Now, need some guidance on Rental Cars. I've never cruised from Port Everglades. We want to rent a car on Thursday, just so we can 'tool' around Thursday and Friday. My thought right now is to return the car to the Airport on Friday night, take the shuttle back to the hotel from the Airport and then take a cab to the terminal. However, is anyone familiar with somewhere we could return the car on Saturday morning near/at the port and be shuttled to the Oasis Terminal?

We used Dollar Rent a car - but I'm sure all of them have a return lot at the Port. It was great - we just drove right to that return lot, and then they shuttled us directly to the ship terminal. Easy Peasy!!!!:D We arrived at the car lot around 10:45 am.

Use Thrifty rent a car at the airport and use code 004C005932 for Corporate code. Perfectly legit code from Island Real estate for Florida travelers. Go to their website and check it out.

http://blog.islandreal.com/anna-maria-island/island-real-estate-offers-deep-discounted-thrifty-car-rental-rates/

Best rates for rental cars....

If you don't mind renting a car at the airport, then Priceline would be the way to go. I'm staying in Fort Lauderdale on Friday before the cruise sails out and on the Saturday when the cruise returns. Priceline accepted my bid for $12 (Friday) and $15 (Saturday). I'll just catch a cab from the airport to the cruise port.

Archived