Just off Inspiration 4/1/10. HELP!

manda0511

Sailed for the first time on the Inspiration 3/27-4/01. It was a great time but I have felt like poop since Thursday. Will the world ever stop spinning? This constant feeling makes me never want to take a cruise again. Any suggestions to make it stop??? Tried Bonine and it just added drowsiness to the spinning. HELP!

Sailed for the first time on the Inspiration 3/27-4/01. It was a great time but I have felt like poop since Thursday. Will the world ever stop spinning? This constant feeling makes me never want to take a cruise again. Any suggestions to make it stop??? Tried Bonine and it just added drowsiness to the spinning. HELP!

Hmmmm thats interesting as Bonine USUALLY does not cause drowsiness at all. Perhaps you caught a "bug" while onboard ?

Took a few days to get my land legs but never felt the way you are saying.

I have had this happen to me before. It lasted about a week and a half but I also have inner ear balance problems that are affected by sinus and colds which was the case. You don't really feel sick or are coughing and sneezing so it's hard to figure out what is really going on. Since I've had this balance problem all of my life, I knew where it was coming from and just waited it out. Not fun but it will go away.

I got off the Fascination on the 26th and this was the FIRST time ever I havent had the spins, but I had a really bad cold coming off maybe that is why?

The only thing that helps me is phenergan!! Can you call your doc and ask for some, it will make you sleepy though.

and keep moving, it seems to only be real bad when you arent moving!!

I think you should take the bonine at night before bed and see how you feel in the morning.. and continue taking it for a few days... it may not work tho.. as I take the same thru out the cruise and continue for a few days after to avoid that feeling... I have forgotten to take it the last day of the cruise when getting off the ship and tried to take them after and it didnt work.. a week is about right that you will feel that way...

Thanks for the reply's! I talked to a coworker and he told me to try kids Dramamine. He said it will be strong enough to help with the swaying but hopefully will not put me to sleep. I have been taking non-drowsy Bonine and it puts me right to sleep. I really feel like cruising is NOT for me. It sucks because it was such an enjoyable week but I am not sure I want to feel like this ever again. All of the other women I went with think I am nuts!! :confused: Never knew this could happen. BTW The Inspiration was FANTASTICE!!!! :):D

Thanks for the reply's! I talked to a coworker and he told me to try kids Dramamine. He said it will be strong enough to help with the swaying but hopefully will not put me to sleep. I have been taking non-drowsy Bonine and it puts me right to sleep. I really feel like cruising is NOT for me. It sucks because it was such an enjoyable week but I am not sure I want to feel like this ever again. All of the other women I went with think I am nuts!! :confused: Never knew this could happen. BTW The Inspiration was FANTASTICE!!!! :):D

Bonine only comes in an adult form and childs form....there is not a "non drowsy" specific type... it is just non drowsy. Perhaps it just affected you differently. Hope the feeling goes away from ya soon. You also may have had an inner ear infection that causes similar symptoms and not necessarily including pain from an ear ache.

The ship was great! No problem at all, I actually told my roommate that they needed to invent a bed called "the cruise experience" because the sleep was so great. I did not have any problem until I got off the ship!

Yep. Did you fly? I have inner ear problems and get it not just when cruising but when travelling in general. My doctor advised taking travel sickness from Walmart (which is basically the same as bonine) as well as an over the counter Claratin type allergy medicine. Last time it worked well for me! Good luck and I sure hope you give cruising another try.

I have this issue after each cruise but it's usually really mild with the exception of our cruise on the Splendor. We did not get to any of the scheduled ports and the ship was really moving to get to San Fransico. After being on board for so many days in a row the motion had affected me more than I realized.

When we got home it took me just a little over a week to get over the movement feeling. It was so bad that I thought I was going to fall over in the shower. I had read on these boards that rocking in a chair helped so I tried it and sure enough it did help when it was really bad.

My first cruise was the Inspiration in 09... For over a week after the cruise, I felt like I was spinning.

I'm a nurse on an ENT (ear, nose, throat) floor, and the doctors told me it's an inner ear problem, similar to vertigo. I would get into an ENT doctor if it continues. or go to an urgent care center, see if you can get a shot of anti-nausea medication. I recommend getting as much sleep as possible. Sleep was one of the only things that realy helped me.

Don't let this deture you from sailing again. I sailed again in January of this year, and it didn't happen again.

I've been on two cruises so far, and although I feel a little off-balance for a day or so, I've never experienced anything like that. I'd go get checked out to see if you have an inner ear problem. You shouldn't be feeling dizzy for this long.

Hi,

My family will be on the Inspiration in June. Please tell me everything about your cruise if you don't mind.

thanks

We sailed on her in July & it was a very smooth ride - 1st cruise I've never had sea legs when we got off the ship!! we always stay mid-ship & enjoyed it very much! we went to nachi cocom beach day in cozumel - it was great! you will have a great time! I always take bonine with me just in case & it worked great.

Archived