Price Drop ES Category Question

Rochmom

I did search for this, but didn't see anything with this specific information.

I booked ES, and there's a price drop. I'm booked 4C, and now anything below a 4H is automatically upgraded to 4H, with a lower price than what I booked. I'm paid in full, so I know IF I qualify it's OBC only. But would this be considered the same category to qualify for the ES adjustment?

Yes.

I have had a 4B book for awhile and the price dropped for it and a 4A with upgrades to 4H. When I submitted my form, they gave me the lowest drop that was the 4A price, not just the higher 4B cost....hope this helps...if thats what you were even asking

I booked ES, and there's a price drop. I'm booked 4C, and now anything below a 4H is automatically upgraded to 4H, with a lower price than what I booked. I'm paid in full, so I know IF I qualify it's OBC only. But would this be considered the same category to qualify for the ES adjustment?

I've wondered also what price is used. If you upgraded to a 4H, you can get that room for the price of a 4A, receiving the difference as OBC. But if you stayed in your 4C, I don't know. Because the website makes it look like you can't pay a 4A price and get a 4C room right now. But it sounds like the previous poster was able to get that 4A price anyway, without upgrading. Anyone know for sure?

I am in that same situation and here is what I was told by the TA. I have an 8A and its a free 4 catagory upgrade no matter what catagory you book.The rate is still $20 more than I paid but I figured if I pay the $20 I can get the 4 cat upgrade.:D

But....the TA told me that the reason for the free upgrade is they are not selling well (we are after final payment) so they are uping all bookings to get the lower catagories available for rate drops.I was told to sit tight and watch and the rates will drop to fill the ship while the higher catagories will increase to make those who are in them feel good.:rolleyes:

Steve

I'm booked on a 8A cabin. (Dream) Our cruise price has gone down a few times. Each time I contacted my TA and she submitted the price adj. The price reduction was to get an 8E? But, I wanted to keep my same cabin 8A. So, they just reduced the price (it was for past passengers and/or 55 over. Does this answer your question? Hope I helped.

Archived