Hotels in Fort Lauderdale/parking

We are driving down from Delaware in June to go on the Oasis. We currently have two reservations. One is the Fairfield Inn and Suites located on Griffin Road in Dania Beach, FL. We have been given a price of $98.79, the shuttle is $8 per person but we can leave the car there for up to 15 days with no charge.

The other hotel is the Embassy Suites, the cruise package, for $199.79 including taxes. They have a free shuttle but we will be charged $5 per day to leave the car.

Here are my questions. Has anyone had any experience on leaving their cars at either of these hotels? Are the hotels in an area where I should not have any problems with anything happening to the car ? I was also told by the gentlemen at the Embassy Suites that the shuttle can take us to the port, however, apparently there is some sort of agreement with the cab drivers that hotel shuttles may not bring passengers back from the cruise port. Has anyone had any experience with this, and if so, can you give me an estimated cost of the cab fair to the two hotels. Thank you so much for your help.

We drive from ATl to FLL. There is more info on East-Coast departures board area. Some have warned about using satellite airport parking of one of the 3d-party parking vendors - its $12 per day.

We stop 3 hours N of FLL the prior night at less-than-$100 hotel, leaving 3 hours driving for morning of sailing. This cuts a 12 hr drive to 9 on the long-drive prior day. We parked in FLL deck at $15/night.

Hampton Inn Plantation had $135 a night rate plus $25 surcharge for a weeks parking, free shuttle.

Renaissance Plantation is 4-star and we got $99 rate with free week's parking but cab was $40 each way.

Hilton Garden Inn on Stirling has a fly/stay pkg and Comfort Suites too, but I'm not current on their deal.

Check out tripadvisor.com for your Fairfield inn guest reports.

Good Luck

Archived