Sanctuary vs. Thermal Suite

riddle

We are cruising the Emerald 4/25 (first time on Princess). We have cruised NCL previously and liked their thermal suite but it included a private hot tub, thero-something pool, heated loungers and/or a small lap pool. How does Princess compare with regard to purchasing a week long sanctuary package and/or thermal suite package? I think NCL charged something like $150 for a couple for their thermal suite.

First of all,you will pay $210 for the both of you to enter Sanctuary for 1 week.I have never paid for Thermal Spa and have used it in the past.No big deal!

We just had Sanctuary for 2 weeks and loved it!I suppose Thermal Spa would have more appeal if cruising Alaska.

They are totally different. Sanctuary is a quiet place with a very comfortable loungers to lounge in the sun or shade. Thermal suite/spa is a place with warm loungers, steam rooms and dry sauna. We have used both in Caribbean and love both. We just had the thermal spa on our Mexico cruise last year (no sanctuary on Sapphire-yet) and had to have it again. Depends on what you want and what you want to do. We would get both again or make it easy get a full-suite (thermal suite included) and purchase sanctuary. Even with a full-suite we will try to get into the Sanctuary again.

What does the Sanctuary include? I've seen pictures of people getting massages - being served special food and drinks, etc. Do you pay extra for all of those or are they included? I'm guessing the massages and drinks are not included - but maybe juices are?

We will be in a suite so have access to the Thermal suite - can anyone use it or do they pay extra? Like if they want just a sauna?

Tks.

What does the Sanctuary include? I've seen pictures of people getting massages - being served special food and drinks, etc. Do you pay extra for all of those or are they included? I'm guessing the massages and drinks are not included - but maybe juices are?

We will be in a suite so have access to the Thermal suite - can anyone use it or do they pay extra? Like if they want just a sauna?

Tks.

There are separate saunas, steamroom for those that do not purchase the Thermal suites. This area is more of a dark quiet area. They do charge others to use the thermal suites and apparently they limit the amount they sell to.

In the Sanctuary they will bring you lemon water that you do not pay for, everything else you pay for; massages, special food, drinks like smoothies etc. anything you want delivered you will pay a fee for or you can go get it yourself for free. The ultimate drink card did work for smoothies we just paid the $3.00 delivery fee. Smoothies are only available in the sanctuary.

The thermal suite you have access to warm thermal loungers, dry sauna, aroma therapy steam room and steam room. That is all. There is a steam room and sauna in the womens locker room.

Hope this helps.:)

Archived