Need input on "lastminutetravel.com"

MamaParrotHead

Booked 2 rooms through them, now I'm second-guessing because I hadn't heard much about them and I'm nervous as to why they can't get me a hotel reservation number yet. Our stay isn't until January, but not having a hotel reservation is making me nervous. On the print out it says that a hotel reservation number may not be available until "closer to your stay", but when exactly is that? I really am not comfortable waiting until a few weeks before we depart to know whether or not we actually have the rooms or not.

Any experience in people who have booked (and all ready stayed) with them? Thanks.

I've never had a problem with them and if you have your paperwork showing your confirmation number you should be okay. If the hotel is one that you get points with you need to make sure when you confirm that they add your hotel stay onto your rewards card.

I used easyclicktravel for hotel in Orlando last year and hotel did not have anything with my name until about 2 weeks before. I only booked about 6 weeks before.

I believe lastminutetravel and easyclicktravel are both 'consolidators' for hotels in that they use left-over group vacation space from companies like Virgin Travel in Europe etc. to sell hotel rooms at discount prices. As a result, the hotel does not know it is YOU that bought the room until quite close to arrival date. They only know that the vacation company has reserved 'X' rooms at their hotel for 'such and such' dates.

Given your trip is such a long way away, you are either going to have to trust lastminutetravel for many months that your reservation is intact or book alternate (cancellable) hotel arrangements in the interim and wait until closer to see.

I'm willing to trust them, I just need some "referrals" from people who have used them.

I just used Last Minute Travel to reserve our rooms before and after our cruise this upcoming September. They sent me the confirmation emails which have a reservation number on them. I did end up booking in Tampa at the Hyatt Regency.

I just used Last Minute Travel to reserve our rooms before and after our cruise this upcoming September. They sent me the confirmation emails which have a reservation number on them. I did end up booking in Tampa at the Hyatt Regency.

I received confirmation emails as well, but the reservation number is THEIR reservation number, it isn't in the hotels system. The hotel has a separate reservation number (in my case, my number starts with a "7", but Marriott reservation numbers start with an "8" or a "9"). Have you called the Hyatt to see if you're in their system yet?

OK, here's the scoop. I called Marriott and they were clueless and not real helpful. I did, however, call LMT again and they did have a Marriott confirmation number for me. Although the operator did say that it wouldn't show up in the Marriott's system until the day of check in. Either way, I have a Marriott confirmation number and I'm happy about that.

This is why I wouldn't book on one of these sites for a trip so many (10 :eek:) months in advance. The hotels offer rooms that are predicted empty on those dates. If a large party or two books blocks of rooms, the offered number of discount rooms is then in jeopardy. Obviously they will take a higher rate than hold a room at much discounted rates.

Book another hotel that you can cancel when you hear from the hotel itself ( and I'd get the confirm. number in writing via email) that you are a go. Then you won't be worrying for all those months.

We have used the site, but as with other discount sites, we wait until closer to the date for the "thrill of the hunt". In peak time, we always have a back up plan.

Good luck.

We booked Miami with LastMinuteTravel.com a few days ago for Nov 2010 and got an instant email with reservation # and a Record Locator #. It says confirmed and guaranteed, but our names may not be on rooming list until closer to arrival. Aren't all hotels like that? They don't actually assign you a room until you show up. Confirmed and guaranteed sounds definite to me, but I always call closer to the date to confirm for myself. :)

We booked Miami with LastMinuteTravel.com a few days ago for Nov 2010 and got an instant email with reservation # and a Record Locator #. It says confirmed and guaranteed, but our names may not be on rooming list until closer to arrival. Aren't all hotels like that? They don't actually assign you a room until you show up. Confirmed and guaranteed sounds definite to me, but I always call closer to the date to confirm for myself. :)

The first print out I was emailed (right after booking) had a "reservation number" and a "record locator". The second email (that they sent when I called about ACTUAL confirmation number from the hotel itself), underneath those two numbers SAYS, "confirmation number". I realize I'm probably being paranoid, but showing up at a hotel at 11:00 p.m. the night before we sail and not having a room would be a serious dilemma. :p

The first print out I was emailed (right after booking) had a "reservation number" and a "record locator". The second email (that they sent when I called about ACTUAL confirmation number from the hotel itself), underneath those two numbers SAYS, "confirmation number". I realize I'm probably being paranoid, but showing up at a hotel at 11:00 p.m. the night before we sail and not having a room would be a serious dilemma. :p

Arriving so late, you really need to call the day you leave home to reconfirm that late arrival. If your plane is even later, you don't want to be stuck with no room.

I used EasyClickTravel to reserve a room for November. They offered a great price, better then I could have gotten on PL. Anyway, I called the hotel about a week later to confirm and they had the ressie and at the same time gave me their confirmation #. For the fantastic price, I'd use them again vs bidding on PL.

Arriving so late, you really need to call the day you leave home to reconfirm that late arrival. If your plane is even later, you don't want to be stuck with no room.

I called Marriott and they noted it on the reservation, said it wouldn't be a problem. Now that I have a confirmation number from Marriott, I'm certain that this is like any other reservation and I'm sure it will be treated as such from here on out.

How much was this foreign transaction fee? What type of credit card is it?---I ask these so we all have more info and maybe there are other experiences out there....

It was a $4 charge on Mastercard............... not alot of money but just that you do not know this ahead of time. Apparently some credit cards have this fee and others do not.

LMT did offer to take away the fee if I sent them a copy of my credit card bill.

It was a $4 charge on Mastercard............... not alot of money but just that you do not know this ahead of time. Apparently some credit cards have this fee and others do not.

LMT did offer to take away the fee if I sent them a copy of my credit card bill.

Were you paying in a different currency than what the hotel uses? I don't get it.

It's probably because the customer service processing center is out of the country. Therefore if they're the ones running the credit card, it IS out of the country. The first time I called, I got someone with an Indian accent. Not that that means anything necessarily, but fits with my theory. LOL

Archived