Beach Excursion in Cozumel

reyesj226

My family and I will be taking a cruise to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel on Conquest in June.

I originally was planning a dolphin encounter at Chankanaab Park.

(Will be doing Sting Ray city in GC and Dunn’s Falls and Mystic Mountain in Jamaica)

My daughter (11) and husband have both expressed that they may be too tired by the time we get to Cozumel and are not interested in the Dolphin encounter.

So, scratch off my notes and begin my research again….

Can anyone give me some good advice on a beach where DH and I can just sit back, relax, enjoy drinks and shade while the kids play in the beach? I've heard of beaches that are all inclusive or some that have cool water toys.

The reason I have decided not to go to Chankanaab any longer is bc I have heard that the beach is down some stairs and not visible from where you sit.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!! ;)

My family and I will be taking a cruise to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel on Conquest in June.

(Will be doing Sting Ray city in GC and Dunn’s Falls and Mystic Mountain in Jamaica)

My daughter (11) and husband have both expressed that they may be too tired by the time we get to Cozumel and are not interested in the Dolphin encounter.

Can anyone give me some good advice on a beach where DH and I can just sit back, relax, enjoy drinks and shade while the kids play in the beach? I've heard of beaches that are all inclusive or some that have cool water toys.

The reason I have decided not to go to Chankanaab any longer is bc I have heard that the beach is down some stairs and not visible from where you sit.

I was just in Cozumel a week ago tomorrow. I have been there numerous times and can tell you that Nachi Cocom is the best beach getaway you will find. You get open bar, 3 course meal, and (this is the best part) they limit the beach to 100 people...so it is NEVER crowded.

Do a google search of Nachi Cocom and you will find the company that offers it...

We would recommend Paradise Beach. You can get a cab right at the port for a small amount. Cabs are readily available when you are ready to return.

http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/

Also

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.net/

Paridise Beach loves it's cruise critic visitors....they even let you post from a laptop on the bar. :cool:

Tom and his gang will make you feel right at home!

:D

Me and DH just left Coz on Saturday and went to Sancho's Beach club. They have everything from water toys to parasailing. We just relaxed on the beach and enjoyed some snorkling there. The food was great and for $100 pp you get use of the water toys, all you can eat and drink, use of clear kayaks and more all day long. Hope this helps!

I agree with the majority here that Nachi is the place to go in fact I'll be there next Thursday. The price has come down quite a bit since I 1st started going $49 for adults I don't remember the kid price....

The pics on the website don't do it justice........huge pool and hot tub, your own waiter that's taking care of no more than 6 or 8 people. Assigned thatched umbrella covered loungers......

My sister doesn't like the sun so she stays up under the main thatch dining area reading and relaxing. I wander the beach, swim, have a massage...........

We've done Playa Mia and Nachi. I would vote for Nachi just for the fact that they limit the number of guests there. The day we were in port, 4 other ships were docked. It was nice to be able to relax in our own little area and have drinks brought to us. :)

Ok- so I am leaning more towards Nachi Cocom.

I am looking at their website:

But I don't see any prices or how to book.

Is this the correct site for them??

Also- I read some reviews on Trip Advisor and saw awesome pix.

I saw some that were snorkeling and even parasailing.

So are these activities included or are they offered at an additional fee?

If there is a fee- does anyone know for how much?

As for Paradise Beach:

Would you have the option to snorkel or parasail or is it way to crowded?

The last time I was in Cozumel with my family, we went to a place called Playa Corona. It's a snorkeling center, with no real beach to speak of, but the snorkeling was really good. There are plenty of tables with umbrellas, and a snack bar with table service.

As for Paradise Beach:

You can make reservations for Nachi Cocom at

http://www.cozumelcruiseexcursions.com . We went in June 2007...beautiful beach...great authentic Mexican food...and whatever you wanted to drink...totally relaxing!

Me and DH just left Coz on Saturday and went to Sancho's Beach club. They have everything from water toys to parasailing. We just relaxed on the beach and enjoyed some snorkling there. The food was great and for $100 pp you get use of the water toys, all you can eat and drink, use of clear kayaks and more all day long. Hope this helps!

Hi, did you actually mean $100.00 pp? That seems a bit steep. Do you recall what types of water toys they had? We're considering Paradise Beach because DS would really like to enjoy their water trampolines etc.

Hi, did you actually mean $100.00 pp? That seems a bit steep. Do you recall what types of water toys they had? We're considering Paradise Beach because DS would really like to enjoy their water trampolines etc.

yes $100 pp, it does seem a bit steep unless you go there all day. we didn't go for long, maybe 2 hours so we didn't get the all inclusive deal. if i were to go all day then i would definately pay that amount. me and the DH spent about $100.00 all together on drinks, food, and water toys and we were only there for 2 hours.

photo.php?pid=1731294&id=1217266263photo.php?pid=1731293&id=1217266263&fbid=1440222005024 incase the pictures don't show up there are a good amount of water toys, trampolines, rock climbing walls, obstacle course, and more. $15.00 pp if you don't get the all inclusive deal.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/photo.php?pid=1735098&id=1217266263&fbid=1441536437884

was wondering if you ever found out prices. we are going to cozumel in august and beach sounded nice.. thanks.

As for Paradise Beach:

Archived