Royal Princess - OS Question

luv2sweat

My mother and I will be going on the Royal Princess in two weeks. We are in cabin 6088 and I'm trying to find out a little about the cabin. I've heard that the bedding n the cabin is only a queen that does not convert to twins and I've heard that it can be made up as twins. On our confirmation is lists the configuration as twin. Does anyone know which is correct about the owner suites on the Royal? Also any other info about the suite would be great.

Thanks,

Wendy

We are scheduled to sail in 6088 on the Royal in 2011, and just returned from 6088 on the Pacific. The beds in the bedroom area on the Pacific COULD NOT be made into twins, one queen bed only. There was a sofa bed in the sitting area though, if that is needed. I would think the bed on the Royal in the OS suites would be the same as on the Pacific in this suite.

Thanks for the information. I hope the Royal and the Pacific aren't the same or I'll be sleeping on the floor LOL. On the Royal only the suites on deck 7 have the sofa bed, deck 6 doesn't. Somehow I don't think my mother would want to share a bed with me, I toss around too much. I wonder if they have any roll away beds.

Now that is something I had not heard before. I know when you go into the Princess website and pick three passengers for an OS Suite, it shows you all the OS suites on deck 6, 7 and 8, which means there has to be sleeping accomodations for a third person.

Are you positive that only the deck 7 OS suites have a sofa bed? Since there are no fold down beds from the ceiling or wall in these suites, I would have guessed they all provided a sofa bed in them. Could be wrong on this, but they did on the Pacific Princess in all the OS suites. As for the actual bed, I wouldn't get my hopes up on this one. The beds are situated quite differently and there is no space to seperate them in these OS suites, besides they are not two twins pushed together at all but an actual queen bed. I would definitely be looking into this a bit more, as if you are correct, you just might be sleeping on the floor, which doesn't sound all that comfotable at all. :eek:

Wendy, I'm on your sailing (and we miss you on the roll call!). If indeed there's no sofa in your suite and they can't arrange another bed for you, maybe someone in a Deck 7 OS would be willing to trade suites with you. If not, and worse comes to worst, you're welcome to bunk in with me. I'm cruising solo, and can configure twin beds. Not ideal, I know, but perhaps better than sleeping on the floor. :)

Caro

Archived