Carnival Cruise reviewers rock!!

Esher127

Seriously. To everyone who has been on a cruise and posts big long reviews full of pictures... you are my heroes. I've never been on a cruise before, and all of the reviews and pictures made it so much easier to know what I was doing and know what I was getting into. It's one thing to know something about a cruise line or a ship, but it's so much better to be able to SEE it, and have personal, unbiased reviews.

It also seems to really be a Carnival specific thing. My only other local cruise options are Celebrity and RCCL, and I've yet to find a pic review of the Celebrity Mercury and nearly nothing on Enchantment. You are all doing Carnival a favor with your reviews, because for me, seeing it makes it much easier book the reservation.

So in short, thanks to those for their pic reviews. Sincerely. :cool:

What a nice post...

There's nothing quite like cruising. Once you do it you're so hooked...

When I was new to Cruise critic I felt exactly like you.

What cruise are you considering?

Word of caution.... If you book a balcony cabin you'll always have a balcony cabin. Their amazing.

Seriously. To everyone who has been on a cruise and posts big long reviews full of pictures... you are my heroes. I've never been on a cruise before, and all of the reviews and pictures made it so much easier to know what I was doing and know what I was getting into. It's one thing to know something about a cruise line or a ship, but it's so much better to be able to SEE it, and have personal, unbiased reviews.

It also seems to really be a Carnival specific thing. My only other local cruise options are Celebrity and RCCL, and I've yet to find a pic review of the Celebrity Mercury and nearly nothing on Enchantment. You are all doing Carnival a favor with your reviews, because for me, seeing it makes it much easier book the reservation.

So in short, thanks to those for their pic reviews. Sincerely. :cool:

What a nice post...

When I was new to Cruise critic I felt exactly like you.

What cruise are you considering?

Word of caution.... If you book a balcony cabin you'll always have a balcony cabin. Their amazing.

I booked an Ocean View (well, 4J, so kindof an Ocean View, I guess technically it's not) on Glory in October. Which is seeming like a mistake at this point, because October seems like FOREVER away. All I can think about is going on my first cruise and it's still 191 days away!! :(

Not a mistake, it lets this excitment continue for those 191 days then after your back your back here on cruise critic writing your review , still feeling that excitement and then it hits you... You need to book another cruise soon.

This is the fun part, stay on here with other cc members and ask away all the questions. You'll be amazed at how you feel like a pro once you get onboard.

Enjoy it while it lasts...

I booked an Ocean View (well, 4J, so kindof an Ocean View, I guess technically it's not) on Glory in October. Which is seeming like a mistake at this point, because October seems like FOREVER away. All I can think about is going on my first cruise and it's still 191 days away!! :(

What a nice post...

Oh no , We've only done balcony and we just booked a suite for the first time, does this mean we will never go back to balcony??? lol

First of all, I agree with you wholeheartedly about reading cruise reviews that are in depth and chocked full of pictures. Makes me feel like I was fly on the wall and that I can enjoy the cruise though I wasn't actually there in person!

Second, check out this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1153496

The OP is very detailed and on this particular cruise on the Carnival Freedom (sister ship to the Glory), she had a 4J cabin as well.

Enjoy! :D

First of all, I agree with you wholeheartedly about reading cruise reviews that are in depth and chocked full of pictures. Makes me feel like I was fly on the wall and that I can enjoy the cruise though I wasn't actually there in person!

Second, check out this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1153496

The OP is very detailed and on this particular cruise on the Carnival Freedom (sister ship to the Glory), she had a 4J cabin as well.

Enjoy! :D

Thanks! I had seen that thread and enjoyed it. Good pics/reviews of 4J's are hard to find.

Serious question though, why aren't there more reviews like this for the other cruise lines? Do they not allow people to take pictures around the ship or something?

I too love and appreciate the long reviews with all the pictures!

I'm a member of the DisBoards (a Disney message board like this one) and there is a whole forum dedicated to Trip Reports full of pictures and details!

I wish more people on here did reviews like that!:)

Thank you to those who do! You're awesome!:D

It's nice to see that others appreciate our efforts! :) I haven't been on a cruise in about 9 months. But, I have links to several reviews in my signature if you're interested. They all have pictures. ;) The one of the Legend is missing a couple of the pictures in the beginning of the hotel, but the rest are there.

I also love the reviews. And don't worry about it seeming like the cruise will never get here...I know exactly what you mean. I booked our Victory cruise in August [we depart May 23] and it was something like 280 days until we cruised! Now it's a "mere" 42. Coming to this web site helps pass the time for sure. Oh, and we've now booked Magic for July 2010. MORE THAN 365 days! Too long to wait! But it gives me something to look forward to. My DH and I have had a very stressful six months and we are grateful that we are able to anticipate Barcelona, Florence and Rome once we come back from San Juan, The Virgin Islands, and the rest of the stops on Victory!

Don't forget to post your OWN review for those of us who enjoy reading them! And pictures as well!

All those who post well thought out reviews with pictures are heroes. We sail on the Fascination soon and the recent reviews with pictures are really helping. Now I have to come up with a good reason why I haven't done this for my past cruises.

Archived