Kaumana Caves

pbandpn

Aloha!

Has anyone ever been there?

I was not sure how Kaumana Caves compares to the VNP lava tube . . . as long as it worth seeing we would definitely put it on our list

I found a link to the caves here

http://www.hawaiiweb.com/Hawaii/html/sites/kaumana_cave.html

Please let me know your thoughts. I know there are many other things to do in Hilo ;) but I would like to see another tube that is near Hilo/VNP without doing a tour. Thanks again CC!!!

:)

Aloha!

Has anyone ever been there?

I was not sure how Kaumana Caves compares to the VNP lava tube . . . as long as it worth seeing we would definitely put it on our list

I found a link to the caves here

http://www.hawaiiweb.com/Hawaii/html/sites/kaumana_cave.html

Please let me know your thoughts. I know there are many other things to do in Hilo ;) but I would like to see another tube that is near Hilo/VNP without doing a tour. Thanks again CC!!!

:)

Here is a link to a bunch of stuff on these caves

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?returnTo=__2F__ForumHome&q=Kaumana+Caves&sub-search=Search&geo=

Thank you for responding and posting that!

Have you been (or know anyone) who went to the caves?

:D

No sorry we have never been. But I get curious when something is posted that I've never heard of.Hence that's why I decided to share the info I found.

If you don't get answer here why don't you join Tripadvisor as they are a land based tourist info site. It's a sister company to CC. You can join and then find your way to the Hawaii board.

Wow . . . I did not know that tripadvisor was CC's sister! We love tripadvisor but I find it soooo hard to navigate tripadvisor but maybe I need to get used to it. I usually google "tripadvisor -enter location/vendor-". From there I LOVE the "Top Attractions" link whenever I see it I click on it but its hard to get there without googling a top attraction on that specific area. Sometimes I would enter an attraction/vendor in the search feature but it would be hard to figure out/screen the for what I wanted to see.

Thanks for replying :D

Wow . . . I did not know that tripadvisor was CC's sister! We love tripadvisor but I find it soooo hard to navigate tripadvisor but maybe I need to get used to it. I usually google "tripadvisor -enter location/vendor-". From there I LOVE the "Top Attractions" link whenever I see it I click on it but its hard to get there without googling a top attraction on that specific area. Sometimes I would enter an attraction/vendor in the search feature but it would be hard to figure out/screen the for what I wanted to see.

Thanks for replying :D

If you want to get into specifics, TripAdvisor is actually CC's owner and yes, I like using TripAdvisor too! They're really helpful on the forums there too.

It will take you around 20 minutes to walk to the end. You might even be able to further if you want to crawl on your belly. You will come to areas that you have to duck. You should bring an extra flashlight. There is a small parking area. It's cool to walk through. Wear good shoes.

AWESOME!!! *places Kaumana Caves back on "to do" list* :cool:

Archived