Stingray City

BIG O in TEXAS

stingray city is a blast! I booked a combo tour through Island Marketing. Capt Marvins is the tour company that is used if you book with Island Marketing. Great companies to deal with! We did a combo tour which included stingray city, coral snorkeling at a 2nd location, then back to land where we went to the turtle farm and the city of hell. we also stopped for some rum tasting. It was a great day! We plan to do the exact tour again when we are back out there in Oct.

I have used NativeWay twice. I cannot say enough good things about them. The price was great, the people were great and the excursion was great.

We did the stingray, snorkel and rum point beach excursion. A few people in my group don't snorkel but they loved the excursion. Rum Point Beach is just beautiful.

Make reservations below. No money is due until you do the excursion. Have fun!!!

http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/

We are booked with Captain Marvins based on CC recommendations. I asked if their shuttle will drop off at seven mile beach after the tour instead of at the pier and they said yes. We finish our tour before Noon, so want a little beach time before heading back to the ship.

We second the recommendation for Moby Dick's. We had a really good time. There are several in the area and typically no need to do the ships tour.

The following is an excerpt from our Conquest review last year

In Grand Cayman, we booked a stingray excursion directly with Moby Dick Tours. This was greatly entertaining and well managed. When we got to the sandbar, there were a lot of boats there and Mark elected to reverse the snorkeling and stingrays. The snorkeling was nearby on a reef with a fair amount of fish, coral and even some eels. The kids thought it was great once they got accustomed to it. Despite making a note to do so otherwise, we had never had them practice and learning in the open ocean is a bit more difficult. We brought our own masks and snorkels although the ones that Moby dick had available were very good quality (a lot of people just brought snorkels). We then went over to the stingrays. We had plenty of squid to feed, the guides made sure everyone got to feed, hold and kiss the stingrays. This was our favorite excursion overall. Afterwards, on the recommendation from the tour owner, we stopped at restaurant called Rack ‘Em for lunch which was about half a block from the cruise terminal. Although a bit pricey, the food was very good and they offered a ladder down into the bay where we did some more snorkeling. We saw a lot of sea life and enjoyed it almost as much, if not more than the snorkeling at the reef.

They also made a stop at 7 mile beach for those that wanted to do the beach.

also some Pictures here

DW and I did this excursion with Stingray Sailing. We can not say enough about our experience with them. Cpt. Chip and Mark were excellent. Mark got into the water and worked with the hesitant ones until they felt comfortable being in the water. We would highly recomend them to anyone. :cool:

We were here March 29th on Crown Princess. We did a walkup excursion purchase at the Cruise Dock with Soto Cruises to Stingray City for $40 each. They were very professional and they treated us like family friends. This was really all the excursion we could have possibly wanted. The Soto Family simply pioneered the water sport- diving here in 1956 and we enjoyed our conversations with the son. The CD of our experience was a wonderful souvenir for us to bring home.

Archived