Trying to decide between the CCL Freedom and NCL Pearl

amistad

Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures, I am not skilled enough on the computer to even think about posting pictures. I think both ships are beautiful, I know some people think Carnival ships are garish, but other then the Inspiration I really haven't thought they were that bad (certainly don't let the decorations affect my cruise). I think you were very fair in you opinion about both ships and that was exactly what I was looking for. I feel that either ship would be a good decision after reading about your experience.

Ken don't forget to mention the fun people you can meet on the Pearl ;).;) I bet they don't have "those" types on the Freedom.

Still love your pictures no matter how many times I see them. Keep em coming.

Aww shucks, you are buttering me up! I guess I'll have to use all that butter on those lobster dishes on board both cruse ships.

It will be just over a week and then we go on the Carnival Victory. I've been reading the reviews over on the Carnival boards and that ship looks all green. That's my favourite colour!!! Can't wait, hurry up, I guess I should start packing. Oh, maybe I should do my taxes first.

Just so everyone knows, I met Sparkylok6 on our Norwegian Pearl cruise. I corresponded with her on Cruise Critic just prior to our cruise, but when we finally met, we were pretty inseperable! If you ever have the pleasure of cruising with Sparkylok6, you are in for a great time.

Come one Sparky, lets do another cruise together soon!

(There might still be room on the Victory if you act fast)

Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures, I am not skilled enough on the computer to even think about posting pictures. I think both ships are beautiful, I know some people think Carnival ships are garish, but other then the Inspiration I really haven't thought they were that bad (certainly don't let the decorations affect my cruise). I think you were very fair in you opinion about both ships and that was exactly what I was looking for. I feel that either ship would be a good decision after reading about your experience.

Thanks for watching. I've been digging out these pictures off and on all evening. I've got more if you'd like. It is kind of fun to relive two cruises in one sitting!

Now for the buffet restaurants.

Norwegian Pearl's Garden Cafe...

(Probably the most pleasant and organized buffet on land or at sea)

The Pearl had a chocolate buffet one night. :)

There was no chocolate buffet on the Freedom. :(

Cnv0041.jpg.7277234f72fdb36f9ebbe9b3d0adef12.jpg

Cnv0193.jpg.07cfa3f11bbef82d783e540fa1cb9dac.jpg

Cnv0194.jpg.67078ff5798ab602eb15b9837fe514b3.jpg

Cnv0146.jpg.be7d5a13185f5d347becdc5e7f45efac.jpg

Cnv0139.jpg.c683780d2e9889fd4089ba8b2b4e7b12.jpg

Carnival Freedom's Freedom Restaurant

The 3rd picture is the Mongolian Grill that everyone on the Carnival board talks about. You choose your ingredients and the chefs will cook it up on a wok for you.

The food is terrific! :D

The waiting in line for a half hour is horrific! :eek:

Cnv0211.jpg.7def9f46b013206ed29a093fb4802059.jpg

Cnv0212.jpg.28ee7c1e04fbdeab2a52eef7d040cb5a.jpg

Cnv0167.jpg.e2938076c3f247d9a0fa038dbddc0b92.jpg

Cnv0067.jpg.c7c063e80e72af1a46f639b609282849.jpg

Cnv0069.jpg.278766dcf2aacc39be87afc973c506d9.jpg

Archived