Converter Plugs on the Star

Bsetter

I will be on an Alaskan Cruise in June on the Star and have received conflicting information. Will we need converters for the plugs in the rooms? The NCL website states all plugs are 110 volts - is this correct?

Thanks,

There are a couple of plugs with a standard 110 volt configuration, there is also a 220 volt plug, you could take an adapter for that if you wanted to charge you shaver camera or whatever providing the appliance is rated for duel voltage, most are. I use the 220 volt plug if I want to keep the 110 outlet for charging something else. Some folks take a power bar. Do not plug a night light into the 220 volt outlet.

If you need more than one 110 volt American outlet, use a power strip or an extension cord to provide more outlets... While many electronic devices today are dual voltage, most of them come with only the 110 volt American plug.

To use the European 220 volt outlet for an American dual voltage electronic device, one would need a American 110 volt to European 220 volt adapter. Notice an American 220 volt plug won't plug into a European 220 volt outlet...

A European 220 volt outlet are the ones with two round prongs....or three round prongs with a ground...

International voltage outlets:

australia-socketfit.jpg

Archived