Thinking about booking the Dream Feb 2011

BCV23

We have done two Disney cruises in February. One on the Magic and the other on the Wonder. We are thinking about booking the Carnival Dream for next Feb with a western itinerary.

Reviews have not been good. Very scared about the boat rocking too much since it will be Feb and the seas can be rough.

If you have been on the Dream can you give me the good and the bad. Do you think we will like it compared to Disney?? My kids love pools and slides and the waterworks area looks great.

If we do book, we want a balcony room. There are sooo many choices. Which deck is the best?? Thanks for any info!!!

I've done three cruises on the Disney Magic. They were all wonderful, but we switched to Royal Caribbean due to the huge savings, and we loved that cruise line too. We're trying the Carnival Dream next week, and I'll share my opinions when I get back. Sometimes I get a little scared by the bad reviews, but there have been plenty of positive reviews too! I'm sure I'll enjoy myself no matter what. I'm just curious to see if I agree with any of the negative things I've read (long lines, crowds, noise, too much ship movement).

I think the main advantage Disney has over other cruise lines is their theater productions. Disney's are top notch. They throw darn good deck parties too, especially on pirate night. Other than that, the only difference is you don't get that magical "pixie dust" feeling on other cruise lines that you get on Disney. However, we've decided we can do without the pixie dust feeling to save a whole lot of money. :)

Good luck on whatever you decide. The Dream is a much larger ship than the Magic and the Wonder, so there's going to be a completely different feel to it. But I think your family will enjoy it.

Archived