Isla de Pasion Pictures?

ashnac

K, me and hubby have booked the Twister ride to Passion island for May. Does anyone have any pictures they would like to share?

Thanks in advance.

Hi!

You'll find plenty of pictures on both Tripadvisor and Webshots.

We were there last week and I can assure you that the beach really is as beautiful as on the pictures :D

The waters are beautiful, a wonderful turquoise blue, the sand is white but a bit dusty.

We booked the catamaran ride so can't comment on the twister.

We've loved the beach but were disappointed that we could not spend more time there: we had less than 3 hours on the island although our ship was docked from 8 am to 6 pm, we had to get back to the ship by 1:30 pm:eek:

That was the only downside

If I had to return, I would book this excursion independently.

It's not cheaper than through the cruiseline but allows you more time on the island and avoids the boat ride (we got a bit seasick)

Feel free to ask questions if you need more information!

Toonye

Hi!

You'll find plenty of pictures on both Tripadvisor and Webshots.

We were there last week and I can assure you that the beach really is as beautiful as on the pictures :D

The waters are beautiful, a wonderful turquoise blue, the sand is white but a bit dusty.

We booked the catamaran ride so can't comment on the twister.

We've loved the beach but were disappointed that we could not spend more time there: we had less than 3 hours on the island although our ship was docked from 8 am to 6 pm, we had to get back to the ship by 1:30 pm:eek:

That was the only downside

If I had to return, I would book this excursion independently.

It's not cheaper than through the cruiseline but allows you more time on the island and avoids the boat ride (we got a bit seasick)

Feel free to ask questions if you need more information!

Toonye

Did you book through the cruiseline? We did the Twister through Carnival last year, but we are taking our boys in June, and trying to save some money, have found Cozumel Concierge has a PI excursion with a catamaran ride over to the island for about $25 cheaper than Carnival.

We just got back from this excursion last Sat - had a GREAT TIME.

We were on the Century, in Coz from 11:30 until 7:45 pm

We met on pier at 12:15, the main group on the ferry/catamaran left 15 minutes before us.

Boat seats 16. The back 2 seats sit up on the stern and are MUCH MUCH more wet and wild. They advise you to take off anything that can't get wet because you get SOAKED several times. Forward comparment stores all packbacks and such to keep dry. You wear a lifevest AND they strap you in with a shoulder harness. We had Willie and Jorge' as our driver and guide.

Depending on wind, you get a lot of spray the farther back you sit. We were in the upper last seats on way to Isla and I was getting sprayed almost constant.

Once you get close to Isla in the calm water, Willie does several "up and back" spins. It will throw you around HARD. My wife has several good size bruises (she is small and was slammed against the seat a couple times because she kept her hands in the air instead of holding the bar in front of her - silly).

Lots of time on the Isla. Aida is the guide. They take you slowly to the main cantina, then open bar and open food from rest of time. Lots and Lots of chair, sand loungers, tables, etc. We sat in hammocks for half hour, then walked beach, played on water trampoline and then "paid the locals" because my lovely wife lost her sunglasses in the water. Young local boy with a diving mask found them and got a NICE tip.

Took a shower before we left (we were actually the last 14 people on the island at 5:00 pm). Then back to Twister. Willie did several more spins, we sat in the middle on way back and it was MUCH MUCH easier. Almost completely dry when we were at the ship and he did one final spin that SOAKED everyone AGAIN.

Must add - 2 young couples WAY WAY overdid the drinking and were actually cut off from any additional alcohol (the boy got sick in the water next to the beach). We made sure they had the last 2 rows on way home (so they could not "toss cookies" on everyone). Of course when we got back, they immiedately went to Senor Frogs, next to the pier (ah to be young and foolish).

Enjoy your fun in the sun, it is a really pretty and relaxing place. I will try to post a couple pic's tomorrow.

Tiki

Thanks so much for everyones responses. Makes us so excited. We can't wait. Does Pasion Island usually seem to be busy? We will be there on Cinco De Mayo so curious how crowded it would be

Thanks again

Did you book through the cruiseline? We did the Twister through Carnival last year, but we are taking our boys in June, and trying to save some money, have found Cozumel Concierge has a PI excursion with a catamaran ride over to the island for about $25 cheaper than Carnival.

Hi!

Yes, I booked through Royal Carribbean

It was the catamaran ride as well and costed about 100 $ for an adult and one child.

Included were the transportation, the food and drinks, ...

Was ok with the organization but as I had told you, found we did not spent enough time there for the price paid

you may want to search the internet for better deals regarding timing

also, I don't know how old your boys are but there's not much to do there for children

all the advertised activities like kids club, painting, sand castle, go carts, ... are non existant

there is a small playground though with a trampoline on the beach

and there is the water trampoline but it's not really suitable for young children, especially as there are almost only adults on it:D

Toonye

How is the beach and water at Pasion Island? Is it rocky and rough? Do I need water shoes?

The beach is beautiful, the sand is white but a bit dusty

The water is a marvellous, turquoise blue

no stones at all

just found it a little bit cool

you want need any water shoes

Enjoy!;)

Archived