Carnival Excursion-Rum Point

keystonemama

I too would recommend using Nativeways for the Rays, Reef and Rumpoint excursion - excellent personalized service - (we did this tour in January on the Valor) - only about 25 people on the tour - included lunch, transportation, etc. (see more details and pictures in my review in link below)

We just took this tour last week while sailing on board the Valor. It was very enjoyable and the guides took as much time in the water with the sting rays as we wanted. However, the Carnival version of this excursion does not have a photographer, so you are on your own. Our guides were very accommodating though and would bring the rays right next to the side of the boat so we could take pictures with our DSLR.

After swimming with the rays, the boat ride to Rum Point is ~25 minutes. Rum Point is not very big, but it is very beautiful; the water color is amazing. There is a beach cafe there to grab lunch; the service is slow and picnic tables are in short supply, but otherwise we spent an enjoyable 1.5 hours there. Afterwards, the boat picks up all the passengers and returns to the buses that will shuttle you back to the tender pier.

Because our excursion ran long, we did not have any time to shop.

Has anyone done the Freedom CCL excursion to Stingray/Rum Point? How long do you get at Rum Point? Thanks:D

I have done this excursion through Carnival. We got about two hours at Rum Point. It is a beautiful area, but unless you go wayyyyy out, the water is very shallow.

I too would use NativeWay. I have booked thru them twice. The price is better than Carnival and it includes lunch and you will have a much smaller group. The crew is amazing. I think we were at Rum Point about an hour and a half, but we also went to StingRay City and snorkeling and the boat stopped and the guys dove down and brought up a huge star fish for us to all hold and take pictures with. On the way back, they took us by mangroves and some beautiful homes and showed us lots of iguanas sunbathing on the retaining wall. It is still one of my favorite excursions. Both times, the owners son, named Solomon, was my guide. I just can't say enough good things about Native Way.

Here's a pic of one of my 'new' friends I found at Rumpoint! (literally about 4 feet from shore on a bunch of rocks!):

2841030230059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

And here is a view of the dock at Rumpoint - gorgeous water!

2543269210059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

And our lunch :D

2388018350059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

... and the beach:

2962379000059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

Rum Point is where I saw my first eeel while snorkeling, it was hiding in the grass in the shallow water. Not very big and there was no way it posed a danger to me.

:eek: Gives me the heebie jeebies, glad I found out 2 years after the fact I was there swimming :eek: We saw a barracuda there, but no eeel (thank goodness)

Archived