Newport May 3 on Summit

After reading as much as I could on these boards, I believe I'm able to narrow down my itinerary. I just have a few specific questions that I still need your help.

I want to get the 67 bus from Newport Gateway Ctr and get dropped off at Bellevue & Naragansett where I can see/do the 40 steps, pass along Salve Regina, leave Cliff Walk to tour the Breakers, then walk along Bellevue or Cliff Walk to Marble House and finally get the 67 bus back to NGC. Here are my questions because I don't want to take on a walk that is too much:

If I go to MH from the Breakers, should I walk along the street or the "walk"?

From MH how far a walk is it to get the bus back and where would I get it?

Would I be better off forgetting M.H. and do the Behind the Scenes at the Elm which is closer to the Breakers?

On the street maps that I'm able to access, it looks like a very long walk from Bellevue Avenue to Cliff Walk. How far in city blocks is it?

One last thing, I read where the bus fare is $1.75 and it's exact change, does it have to be in coins or can I give the driver a dollar bill and the balance in quarters?

Thank you for whatever help you can offer.

Kellyann

Archived