Nachi Cocom or Paradise Beach for Young Kids?

Rowan555

I've narrowed it down to these two, now help me decide!

We have a 3 and 5 year old, we don't plan to drink alcohol, and we aren't interested in water trampolines, etc. We just want a nice beach, comfortable surroundings, and a decent (and not too expensive) lunch for the 4 of us. Which would suit us better - Nachi or PB?

Guest Time2gocruzn

piggybacking on your post...

Of these 2 beaches..who has better food? Whose food is cheaper? Better selection?

I am traveling with a 2 and 4 yo ;). To be honest..at this point we have chose PB. BUT if we get here and it is too crowded, Nachi is our plan B. BUT I am still waivering between which one is plan A and which is Plan B, lol.

We just did PB with a 3 1/2 year old and 1 yr old. It was the best beach of the entire cruise for the kids. The adults like the authenticity of Majahual at the Costa Maya stop.

It is shallow, warm, and slowly sloping. There is plenty of "beach frontage". We thought it was worth the $5. Our son (1 yr old) napped on a beach float on the sand under the shade of an umbrella and our daughter was in the water all day! It did get really hot (all of a sudden, LOL) and we decided to leave about 2.

They had great mac & cheese, and they have virgin drinks. We had 4 adults and the kids and with drinks we spent about $70 (moderate drinkers, shared a few different dishes)

There were a lot of ships in with us, but it wasn't crowded. The first row was filled, we sat in the second row with no problem supervising the kids.

They do not have towels, so bring your own!

I haven't been to the other beach.

Guest Time2gocruzn
We just did PB with a 3 1/2 year old and 1 yr old. It was the best beach of the entire cruise for the kids. The adults like the authenticity of Majahual at the Costa Maya stop.

It is shallow, warm, and slowly sloping. There is plenty of "beach frontage". We thought it was worth the $5. Our son (1 yr old) napped on a beach float on the sand under the shade of an umbrella and our daughter was in the water all day! It did get really hot (all of a sudden, LOL) and we decided to leave about 2.

Aww I hope you got a pic of your son napping! That sounds so cute! I have a couple of ?'s for ya. Did you put a life jacket on your DD? Was the surf pretty gentle? I have jackets for both my kids but wondering if I should bring them or not.

We have a small travel stroller that I was thinking of bringing off the ship. I know strollers don't work in sand...but ours has a carrying strap, so I though I'd just set it up by where we sit so they would have a place to sit or nap or whatever. Then I would have it to use while shopping on the way back. Did you bring a stroller at all? I hate to drag a bunch of crap off the ship w/ me...but I hate to think of a 2 yo without a nap too. He would never sit still long enough to fall asleep on a mat like yours did! Sorry for all the ?'s but your kids are really close in age to mine so though I'd see what ya thought:)

Archived